Rolling Wrestling Winter Wrestling thread : First ever Wrestlemania main event to feature all women confirmed

Didn’t realise that -

• Kane is 4-5 inches shorter than his billed height
  • Vaughn is a TALL BOI
1 Like

Kane is deffo shorter than he used to be, believe because of an injury, also his boots used to boost his height significantly

I would be very happy to sit through a 9 hour Mania cause it’s just an excuse to get drunk and have a laugh with my mates but for the love of god if you wanna drag it out start it earlier so that it’s not still running at 5:30am. It’s a Sunday, there’s no damn excuse.

1 Like

The sheer incompetency of the officiating during Bret vs Diesel Royal Rumble 1995 is infuriating

:+1: How the lot of them haven’t been fired a hundred times over is beyond me.

1 Like

Disappointing result on Smackdown but the K O F I T R A I N is still firmly on track for Kofimania, BAY-BEE!!!

2 Likes

Royal Rumble 1995 was actually a pretty good show in terms of in-ring action, aside from the woeful Undertaker vs IRS match, it was all solid and some might even say enjoyable. I wasn’t too much of a fan of the booking choices during the IC and World title matches which lead a lot of finishes with a lot of asterixes. The rumble match its self highlights how awful the roster is at this time but it was still quite entertaining(albeit a cluttered mess) and brisk watch and it is, of course, notable for Shawn Michales winning from entry #1. What never seems to get mentioned is that the Bulldog also lasted the whole match and provided a nice Shawn vs Bulldog narrative throughout the match.

Bret could carry diesel to a surprisingly good match and I really enjoyed 1-2-3 kid vs Sparky Bob Holly. I miss the pre-rumble promos. Nothing spellbinding on this card but compared to the Raws I’ve seen it may as well be Wrestlemania 17

Card:
IC Title
Jeff Jarrett vs Razor Ramone (c)

The Undertaker vs IRS

WWF Title
Bret Hart vs Diesel (c)

Tag Title Tournament Final
Bam Bam Bigalow & Tatanka Vs 1-2-3 Kid & Bob Holly

Royal Rumble Match

7/10

1 Like

Also bret came across as a proto stone old during this show. Rutless tweener tactics and constantly getting involved in the rumble, nice bit of chaos

Guys, I had an argument with some wrestling magazine editors yesterday about the Kofi storyline. What do y’all think? (Scroll up to the top of the thread). These guys were having none of what I was saying.

Just booked off the 8th. Are we having a wrestlemania watch along?

3 Likes

They were talking about this on the masked man podcast last week

I still think WWE might be going down the Vince is making irrational decisions route - if so, that would explain away their objects about “it’s not possible to do both!”

Also, "I don’t like you, so I’m going to toy with you by making you prove yourself over and over again is such a WWE trope that I can’t fathom why anyone would object to that explanation being their rationale.

What I find amusing is that prior to Elimination Chamber, there was practically zero clamour for Kofi to get a title shot at mania. WWE have created all this heat from nothing (Kofi wasn’t in the match til a few days before!), and everyone is still claiming their booking is terrible

tenor%20(3)

3 Likes

I enjoyed you (I presume) saying ‘I’m not saying legit fire him’

1 Like

It’s more lazy than anything else given that they’re just mirroring previous storylines without putting a new spin on them. A bit shite to have Owens return and be going nowhere in under a month because they wanted a McGuffin for Kofi’s story Fastline as well. Not worth going nuclear over though.

I would guess the Fastlane match with Ali and Owens in a triple threat was what they were originally planning for Wrestlemania and they would’ve done a pretty like for like build with Ali probably.

Me tooooooooo

1 Like

I booked it off months ago :smiley: Gonna go round my bestie’s and have a blast!

1 Like

I will definitely be watching, just an all day affair over here. 9am until whenever it finishes.

1 Like

So 3:30pm on the Tuesday then

4 Likes