Rome Roam

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, couldn’t see any Rome threads since 2011.

Going to Rome for 2 nights next, anyone got any suggestions? Hear it’s best to book stuff beforehand.

Any vg gf recommendations would be great.

Only had two days there but I can confirm that just simply walking round is an incredible use of time

5 Likes

I think you have to find someone yourself, would be a bit weird for us to set you up

3 Likes

Turin Tourin’

3 Likes

Definitely book the Vatican and Coliseum in advance. That was the best Rome advice we had, and we skipped straight to the front of the queue. In retrospect though, the Vatican was very impressive, but you’re packed in with thousands of people, and the security were quite strict about no photos, so if you’re only there for a few days I wouldn’t bother.

1 Like

Haha 2011 bet they didn’t even have a colosseum then.

2 Likes

Spend a day doing the ancient Rome stuff (Coliseum and surrounding areas), and a day doing the Vatican. In the evenings just wander around and find amazing bars and pizzerias etc. Lovely city for walking around from piazza to piazza.

1 Like

corrected to reflect my last trip to Rome

4 Likes

Skip the top 10 tourist sites - so crowded that they’re ruined. Sites 11-20 are still better than anything in just about any city.

2 Likes

Doria Pamphili Gallery - Incredibly opulent gallery full of great art 10/10

1 Like

don’t bother making plans, just decide what to do when in Rome.

9 Likes

What if the Romans are fastidious planners?

2 Likes

Nip down to Trastevere and wander about there, it’s the best bit for “wandering around” IMO and also the gelato at Blue Ice there was the best I had in the city

1 Like

Wondered what he was finding so hilarious.
Aaaaand it was his own joke.
As usual :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I would recommend the place below for pizza, but I suppose there’s gluten all over the place. Near the Doria Pamphili Gallery.

https://romebymouth.com/la-gatta-mangiona/

2 Likes

This place is fucking incredible

But it seemed impossible to book and they very overtly just let locals skip to the front of the queue. Worth the wait but prepare for one.

1 Like

Looks great, might have to slink off and eat some tasty gluten all alone, it’s my pal holding me back.

if you want to.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d go with that advice. Tbh, outside of the Collosseum and the Vatican, which admittedly are amazing, I didn’t find Rome to be that interesting. 2 or 3 days is more than enough, especially as the main attractions are very localised.

The EUR quarter is worth a visit. No fan of the inspiration behind it but my god the architecture is incredible.

1 Like

I think we’ve got our wires crossed. I could spend weeks in Rome, but if I only had two or three days I wouldn’t do the Vatican.

I could probably do just two or three days wandering around the ruins which are just there. It was mind blowing that there was all this stuff that had just been knocking about for the last two thousand years.

1 Like