Routines 🧠

What are your routines? How do you start or end the days, or what weekly rituals do you undertake - a big clean? An elaborate shower? Meal prepping? Five hours of reality TV in bed?

How do you feel about these habits, do you wish you could sleep in more or stay up later or take a different commute or opt out entirely?

Last one: what would be your dream way to structure your days if you didn’t have all the responsibilities etc that you do have?

Comedy option: share a tight 5 but it has to be funny and WR will ban you if it doesn’t make her laugh.

1 Like

My life is so boring and routine but I kind of love it that way.

Bath at 8pm for an hour or two, cheese on toast then a really boring history podcast to sleep to. Every day for the rest of my life please

1 Like

Sounds very relaxing and nice, extra points for cheese toastie :cheese: underrated in the game

1 Like

Wake up
Ponder the void of existence with a sense of quiet terror
Epic football shithousery compilation on YouTube
Assess which of the productive things I was aiming to do can be moved to another day
Begin day

4 Likes

Wake up. Coffee. Worldle. Dordle. Quordle. Octurdle. Nerdle. Heardle. NYT mini crossword. Work. Wait for it to get dark. Bed.

4 Likes

The cat sets the routine for me which is “serve the cat at all times”.

Not really one for routines but i should be for the sake of my foggy brain.

Always buy 2 pinas for a train journey which doesnt feel the most adult of routines to have, oh and the merry dance of which order to charge my sex toy and phone in and at which time as they share a plug and the logisitcs of which need some decent time management skills to fit into the day. Went on a date recently and having heard about my tight routine over this she arrived to the bar and had bought me a second toy and plug :sweat_smile:

So filth and pina are the only organised routines I have.

11 Likes

what’s a pina plz?

Every weekday starts the same:

Get out of bed
Poop
Shower
Dry top half, put t-shirt on (towel still on bottom half)
Transfer lunch (usually prepared the night before) from fridge to my bag
Put bread in toaster
Finish getting dressed
Open curtains
Eat toast
Feed cat
Write post-it for Mrs F to find when she wakes up (sometimes funny sometimes sincere)
Poop
Leave house

3 Likes

M&s tinned pina colada.

1 Like

thank you.

For the record I’d never drink a pina colada in any other format, but these are quite something

1 Like

Terrible at these, especially if they’re solely for myself rather than say, start cooking at 2:30 so dinners ready for when the kids are in from school

1 Like

No Wordle?

Just spaces between dog walks really.

2 Likes

How long do all those -dles take to do? Get well hacked off if I haven’t done the Wordle within about 3 mins.

I think this is quite on brand and something to be proud of tbh. Measure your life in pull tabs of train pinas!

3 Likes

I hope this isn’t too invasive but that seems like a long time to be Winnie the Poohing it, what’s that all about? Freedom from the tyranny of trousers?

1 Like

I start the day on my phone and end it on my phone, unhealthy but can’t imagine it any other way

4 Likes

I like to let things dry and air out properly!

1 Like

Oh i have a little routine when i get to work too:

Turn on shop lights
Go upstairs and put my lunch in the fridge and fill up water bottle
Turn on cellar lights
Turn on computer and open (always in this order) Outlook, Chrome, Spotify, Brewman
Put bag in cupboard
Start working

1 Like