Rules / Laws / Guidelines that are just plain wrong

‘Q-Tips: not for use inside the ear’

More

all cooking instructions on microwave food

Don’t judge a book by the cover.

Shit books have shit covers.

1 Like

As ‘Viz Tips’ once said:
“I bought a book called An@l Angels and the cover proved to be a very good judge of the book’s content”

Relevant to some of the other posts in this thread: Lubricant “for external use only”.

This is now the Tuesday Filth Thread!

Trying to get my head round these this morning, and it’s just painful for my brain. I think Russian should sort out its spelling entirely for the benefit of people like me.

Extract from the RAC website:
According to the Driving Standards Agency – the body that regulates the UK driving test – “suitable shoes are particularly important behind the wheel. We would not recommend driving barefoot because you don’t have the same braking force with bare feet as you do with shoes on.”

Utter bollocks: driving with bare feet gives far more control of the pedals

Nah. I always judge a book but the author photo. If the author looks like a twat then I don’t want to read their twatty thoughts.

1 Like

as long as you are less than 50% on the double yellow you are fine, they go by the door pillars

http://viz.co.uk/letterbocks-men-only/

2 Likes

The most recent Court of Appeal decision about how to construe numerical ranges in a patent claim is an absolute arseache.

Turns out bigwigs at work aren’t very impressed by answering questions like “in your professional opinion, do we infringe this patent?” with “dunno”.