Run the Jewels

Yeah the beat is NASTY in a good way. Really noisy, discordant and full of energy.

Anyone listen to the Broken Record Podcast featuring them both talking to Rick Rubin?

Was a bit dull, to be quite frank.

It was alright didn’t go anywhere. The Andre 3000 one is brilliant.

3 Likes

Yeah, that Andre 3000 episode blew me away, he was SO honest it was amazing!

1 Like

You could tell that it was the 1st time Andre had even considered certain things about making music and you could tell Rubin was desperate to get him back in the game.

Darryl McDaniels was also really good, his talking about suicide fucking hell. The best ones seem to be intensely musically nerdy (Tyler and Bon Iver spring to mind) or really personal. If they just talk rubbish they have never really been very good or insightful RTJ and Ozzy.

Just remember the Robbie Robertson. Was hoping to hear some talk about Shangri-La and it was just absolute nonsense by a narcissist.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that existed and now I’m hyped to listen. Thanks!

New song’s on Spotify - man I love it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Seems an odd choice of a single

Agreed, it’s a bit of a wild card

Ha, was thinking it sounded a bit Wu and then Killer Mike namechecks ODB and goes shimmy shimmy ya.

New single is a bop, guess RTJ4 wont be a retread of the 4 albums before it which to be honest, based on what folk have been saying about RTJ3, is probably a good thing and the right time.

1 Like

Very excited after these two songs. I always felt the singles released before 3 (Legend has it, Talk to me) were worse versions of the singles from 2 (Oh My, Blockbuster and Close your eyes), whereas these new ones are different enough for me.

Edit: what @anon73286315 said basically.

1 Like

RTJ3 is still an 8/10 album, some people here are making out it’s The Godfather Part III of albums

12 Likes

It’s not considered the best one.

4 Likes

Oh I like the record, I like it a lot

But it had begun reaching the point where I, along with others, were starting to think ‘not sure if I particularly want another one of these’ and think a stylistic shift was due

Staring to wonder if it was meant to have been released this week:

1 Like

RTJ 3 is the best one…

6 Likes

Hot take :fire:

(I agree)

4 Likes

Wow!

And I had actually submitted beats to the label for the first record they did, Juvenile Hell