Running any scams at the moment?

Use this thread to let us know about any scams, cons or swindles you have on the go currently. They could be in planning stage or execution. We can use this thread to talk about our experience of hustling and share hints and tips.

1 Like

Wow. Narcs are getting pretty lazy these days aren’t they?

7 Likes

Basically steal a living most days.

4 Likes

Is this by doing close-up magic on the streets or card counting or anything like that?

using family spotify and disney plus that isnt mine

1 Like

Yeah I do close-up magic in the sheets (wfh, in bed).

2 Likes

This is good stuff

I ‘conned the referee’ on Saturday by claiming the ball had gone out for a throw in when it was still on the pitch. He gave the decision in my favour as well, the mark

1 Like

Really enjoying the “tap the shoulder of the person next to you but on the other side so they think it’s someone else and then deny any involvement” scam on the little kids I tutor who believe it, tried it the other day on a 5yo while their siblings looked on, trying very hard not to laugh and insisting it was a friendly ghost. The child whose shoulder I tapped kept looking for the ghost so he could “punch it in the face” :sob:

21 Likes

Still using my co-op staff discount card about 6 years after I stopped working for them. Hope they never notice it still works.

7 Likes

What you getting on that, cheeky 10% or so?

yeah but it’s on here and you guys are the marks so i can’t say too much

4 Likes

I am pretending to shitpost in the Great Things thread, but it’s all a scam because my content is actually very good.

2 Likes

I’m masquerading as a fully-functioning grown-up person if that counts?

8 Likes

Mum’s the word!

1 Like

A cheeky 10%! But it does predate the 5 and 1 scheme so I don’t get back the 5% back in points on co-op branded purchases. But still a sweet little deal.

1 Like

I have been tempted to run the pink lady apples through the self service tills as a less expensive apple at the shop. I haven’t quite mustered the courage yet

The train station parking attendant rumbled my game recently. I’d kept loads of old parking tickets on my dashboard for ages, occasionally shuffling them around a bit, on the (for most of a year correct) assumption that no one would bother trying to identify the most recent one and just guess I’d been buying them on the reg

7 Likes

This is a great scam, I’m sorry that it was “unearthed”

1 Like

I’ve never tried, but I always suspected that you could get away with using stuff like bus or parking tickets a year later because who’s going to look at the year? Risky though