Running thread for 2019

Apparently I covered 5.6km in 30m 17s although Strava crashed for a few seconds so I had to go into the app to continue it. So that means I did 5km in about 27m. That seems good enough.

I hope that was supposed to be 2x3 and 2x2 rather than 23 or 22, otherwise that’s an utter beast of a session!

23 mins followed by 23 mins. Both at 5k pace. Go!

30 seconds recovery should be enough between those, right?

Haha whoops. Yes, you’re correct. They’d still be picking bits of me up of the track if it was 23 and 22!

just had to go one better didn’t you!? :roll_eyes: :wink:

Well done man, keep it up :slight_smile:

It is purely that I have very long legs I would imagine, don’t worry :slightly_smiling_face:

Im 2m tall :sob: :laughing:

Oh. Well I guess you probably gave similar length of legs to me but a longer body and thus need to do more work to move it.

I also run first thing in the morning which helps a lit. In the evening there is only death.

what sort of temps you have over there?

running in our summer last year nearly killed me :expressionless:

quite like the crisp weather we have atm. just a shame its dark on weekdays

It’s a nice 16 degrees at around 6 here. At 5.30 Brisbane time it was like 23 degrees or something awful.

Died on my arse doing 6 miles at marathon tempo this morning. Probably because we did it around queens park (hilly) and i was wearing a massive back pack. Going to track next time for it. :sweat_smile:

Mainly amazed I actually got up at 5:30 to jog over to meet a mate and do it. If you said to me this time last year I’d be getting up that early to do 8 miles before work I’d have laughed in your sorry face.

What’s “marathon tempo” for you?

5:20 per km (3hr 45 target). Will adjust up, down or keep same depending on how I feel end of Jan.

Yeah, that’s quick. I’m probably looking at the 9:30-10 per mile for mine (around 4:20-4:30 target). Reckon I should be able to do that relatively comfortably, but I won’t really know until I start hitting the longer distances. I’ve done halves at sub 9 minute miling, but I’m kidding myself if I think I maintain that for another 13 miles. The last three of a half tend to be considerably slower than the rest.

Achilles has gone. Physio appointment tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

Aren’t you getting boozed up the way around as well? :smile:

Think as long as you get the distance in training you’ll be reet. I’m basing mine just on how I ‘should’ feel after the training programme, so still v flexible! To be honest if it goes tits up I can fall back on sub 4, and if that goes then just enjoy the experience.

Ah crap, sorry to hear Aggs. How bad?

Hasn’t popped so that’s good. But tried to strap it and go for a jog yesterday and it was painful and had no power coming from it. Especially going uphill. Think (hope) it’ll just be a couple of weeks resting it but may have to reshuffle the training plan a bit after that

There will be booze involved, yes.

This really is a “can I finish?” target, but I need to run it and anything less than 10 minuting miling feels like walking pace.