RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11 (rolling)

Yes it did come across as a bit ‘I’m quitting while I’m ahead and anyone who wins after me is not legit because I’ve won the most challenges.’ Seems a bit silly considering $100k is on the line. I really didn’t like how Bebe didn’t mention Aja helping her, and generally being patronising towards her, plus it seems RuPaul loves whatever she does as long as it’s generic “”“African”“”.

I’m happy with Shangela winning but I REAAALLLLLY want Trixie to win. There’s something about Shangela’s constant Game of Thrones references that grate on me. Maybe because I haven’t seen Game of Thrones.

3 Likes
5 Likes

While I’m here and half cut:

I feel like, as Someone Who Has Learnt Some Important Lessons At The Expense Of Someone Else With Less Privilege Than I Have, and who has often reflected on the ethical content of that phenomena, I hope that someone is writing (or has already posted) a long, inciteful take down of Milk with regards to his being Someone Who Has Learnt Some Important Lessons At The Expense Of Someone Else With Less Privilege Than They Have But Who Has Zero Insight Into The Ways In Which That Is Problematic

1 Like

I feel so bewildered by Milk. I loved Milk in S6, don’t recognise him as the same person in this. The crying JFC. Your talent can’t be velcro!!!

2 Likes

Innit.

The show (unsurprisingly) shieds away from getting into talking properly about how privilege is enacted throughout the show (Chi Chi aside), but I’m not convinced that Milk gained any insight into how that stuff colours the way he’s perceived and why Kennedy might be pissed at him.

Agree with every part of this, especially those fucking Game of Thrones references.

I did enjoy this ep a lot and have enjoyed parts of the other eps but this All Stars is pretty weak compared to AS2 (though how could it ever compare? Alaska, Katya, Alyssa, Detox, Tati… fucking golden. And those lip syncs were so good :heart: )

Gutted Aja wasn’t brought back as she was clearly the real redemption story of the season. I mean FUCK, she looked so terrible for most of S9 in terms of make-up and now she is FLAWLESS. Big fan of her performance in the Kitty Girls and also her “I don’t see no flower petals, you ain’t no Sasha Velour bitch!!”
line about Bebe in the LSFYL.

5 Likes

I love Chi Chi and think she should have won S8 just for twerking upside down. I agree about Milk, I think when Michelle criticised Chi Chi for not having the means to create an amazing look in the Neon challenge, was very telling in terms of class in the USA. There’s a reason why Aja has had such a redemption this season - money.

1 Like

200% agree. Aja is MY AS3 winner.

Can we talk about the new season though ???

3 Likes

I love the look of Miz Cracker and Monet X Change. But especially Yuhua Hamasaki who seems genuinely unhinged - apparently explained away her absence for filming S10 by saying she was in a coma.

giphy%20(4)

omg amazing :smiley:

“Jewish Barbie on bath salts” - also excited for Miz Cracker
Aquaria’s been touted for a future season for a while on the Drag Race subreddit, so interested to see how she does
also will be following Eureka’s progress closely as I have a feeling like she’ll make top 5?

Aquaria came across really poorly, like a femme bot, imo! Some of the comments on her being defined by drag faux pas was hilarious

Monet X Change, Miz Cracker, Eureka, Yuhua Hamasaki all seem pretty fun though. Blair St Clair reminds me of Emma Stone.

As for AS3 pure gutted about my fave Dela going, even though I totally got why she walked. Even though she’d been doing SO well you could see all the way through she was unhappy/stressed. And I’m so sad Aja didn’t come back. She was incredible this season. And no way should Bebe have been in the top 2 over Trixie.

2 Likes

This is pretty vile stuff coming from Ru, although I’m not totally surprised TW: transphobia

Yeah, very weird. I feel like RuPaul is increasingly out of touch and doesn’t really like young people - just look at how he treated Aja in the Studio 54 challenge when she pronounced a name slightly wrong, saying she doesn’t know history - when she was literally the actual Crystal Labeija the week before.

2 Likes

Urgh

https://twitter.com/rupaul/status/970709820364881920?s=21

And then the ‘apology’ because they got totally dragged by the whole community including former contestants. Willam’s instagram has been good for that.

Yeah, Gia Gunn and Carmen Carrera did a live chat on Instagram Stories last night and was really interesting. Gia said she was approached to do All Stars 3 but when she insisted that she be referred to what is now on her official records (as a trans woman), she didn’t hear back. She admits it could be that it just wasn’t “her time” but now seems more suspect, especially as she is very popular with fans.

1 Like

yeah definitely looks massively suspect now doesn’t it. Hard not to think that, and I get she’s trying to be humble about it, but realistically with this it’s kind of hard not to think that it was a deciding factor.

grim.

https://twitter.com/deadgrIwaIkng/status/970878981510782977

https://twitter.com/sona_sonara/status/970861733643538433?s=21

As part of the ongoing apology Ru Paul posted a TRAINS flag.

omfg.

2 Likes

Fucking hell.

The first 10 mins of the next ep has been released: RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars March 6, 2018 3 NO EPISODE# First Look Season 3 Episode 7 My Best Squirrelfriend's Dragsmaids Wedding Trip - Sendvid (thank you Reddit angel!)

I’ve just realised the person I’m reminded of when I see shangela out of drag is Zack de la rocha and now I laugh every time she’s on screen

Oh and I watched Drag Idol tonight on YouTube after my friend from Newcastle told me to, it’s great and there are some amazing acts already (they’re only on week 1)