RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11 (rolling)

I’m not sure I’m entirely into this season tbh. Not sure why but might be cause I don’t find the characters too exciting.

Aquaria was briefly in RHONY this week. Properly shoe-horned in there with a subtitle too which was odd.

1 Like

Tempted tbh

What the fuck?? saw something about Robbie Turner’s crash on Facebook, then look at the Reddit this evening and, uh, it’s all about the story being a lie…

1 Like

I feel so serene knowing there will always be Drag Race drama every week when I need it.

4 Likes

monet in the lipsync :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: at first i was like, wtf is this with the biker mime thing, then i got it. her over mayhem any day anyway

1 Like

Monet murdering everyone in the lipsyncs!

Also I think I’m on Team Monique, I was weeping at her and the cactus, and… Vaaaanjie :joy:

3 Likes

MONET!! YES!! AGAIN!! I love me a lip sync assassin.

Thought Monique was the best this week in the challenge, liked the Vixen’s look best (although was kinda still surprised she wasn’t in the bottom 2). It feels so basic to stan Cracker but I just think she’s great… although she’s not won a challenge yet has she? Consistently being 2nd worked for Sasha tho I guess.

Watching Untucked and already dead at Blair’s “I’m sorry you had to see that, mom!”.

Asia’s look is one of my fave EVER and I usually hate denim

So glad Monet pulled it off again. Really hope she can get her confidence back, she’s still my number one this season

Vixen won’t be winning, then.

That episode was MESSY.

It surely is Vixen’s time to go next week. Can’t believe the ooh-ah-ah sensation is gone. Devastated.

Can’t figure Miz Cracker out… everything seems so forced and a bit awkward? I’m not getting ‘comedy queen’ tbh.

Goodness me that was hard to watch in places. So sad there’s no more Monique but she’s almost as iconic as Miss Vanjie now

I do feel sorry for The Vixen when even her friends threw her under the bus. But I really didn’t think Eureka bulldozed over everyone in Snatch Game the way she did in front of the judges

I agree with @anon80418723 about Miz Cracker as well - maybe it’s the pressure that’s making her so unnatural?

Might give Untucked a miss this week, I dunno if my blood pressure can take it!

Aquaria was marvellous this week, really deserved the win. Her ‘China’ quip destroyed me and I can’t get enough of that mermaid look!!

Asia’s fish face was :DDD Amazed she wasn’t lipsyncing though tbh.

Truly gutted to lose Monique though :frowning: “Brown cow, stunning!”

1 Like

Gutted to see vixen go even though it was certainly time. Rupaul seemed sick of her during the episode. It’s a shame that she wasn’t able to channel the anger into performing. Instead of getting better she got, well, bitter. In untucked where she says something to the effect of “I don’t want other people who’ve experienced what I have, to look at me here, and not think that they can go further”. Heartbreaking stuff.

That said I’m firmly in the camp of hating Eureka. I think she’s really manipulative and when she’s sucking up to Kameron Michaels in untucked it’s like :roll_eyes:

I’ve almost caught up on all the other seasons, except season 1, all stars 1 and all stars 3. Seasons 8 and 9 are really strange I think. I love the final 4 queens of season 8 (especially Kim Chi and Naomi Smalls) but the whole thing is very flat. Season 9 has higher ups but it’s also so bloated in the first half. Feels like it takes forever to get rid of the underperforming queens and there’s a lot of filler. The reunion episode of Season 9 is A* stuff though.

Watching it now - it almost seems like Ru is scared of The Vixen during their Cher chat

1000% agree with this (although my favourite Season 8 queen was ChiChi!). All Stars 3 is an absolute train wreck, but one worth watching.

Although Sasha’s lip sync is iconic, I find it hard to watch back. Shea would’ve won any other season and was such a strong competitor that I still feel so emotional (LOL!!!) that she was basically robbed by a last minute twist. I love Sasha (all of the top 4 tbh) and she had a good record - not an unworthy winner at all - but not as strong as Shea’s :frowning:

1 Like

Vixen made such important points with Aquaria and Eureka in the early episodes, even if it brought up my biggest issue with tone policing (that you can use it as an excuse… be unnecessarily dickish and then accuse anyone who objects of tone policing, rather than it coming from a place of sincerity. Obviously this isn’t to deny that it’s a real problem). So yeah it was a real shame that her attitude towards the others in the last 2 episodes was so childish and bitter. Loved her dress though and the lip sync was strong from both.

Concerned that Cracker has faded. Pleased that Monet has hit her stride. Surely Eureka and Aquaria will make top 3?? But it’s such a stacked season that I guess it just takes one balls up and an inferior lip sync…

3 Likes

I am disappointed that with a cast that featured so many black queens, we’re now left with just two in the competition. It’s not doing much to allay all the racism accusations.

OMGGGGGG
Gasp!

1 Like

THAT LIP SYNC!! I think Kameron won it tbh but eliminating Eureka at this point would’ve been such a shock that I saw a double shantay coming (though the long pause made me doubt it!).

2 Likes

that lip sync completely redeemed that episode. it was soo good it made me giddy.
BUT the writing on the “breastworld” maxi challenge… jesus. i wish the queens were given free reign to change and ad-lib during the scripted challenges because it was downright painful.

after feeling quite cold towards her for most of the series, i found aquaria really charming during the workroom segments in this episode. she came off with so many funny goofy lines (“i can’t see shit”).

4 Likes