RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11 (rolling)

they’re a complete drag and the longer running time and lack of the usual whistle-stop editing really doesn’t help matters.

plus, i really wouldn’t want to be put in that position myself of having to air the deep, dark, unpleasant thoughts i have about myself. no wonder the queens wanted to keep things relatively light.

1 Like

such a shame that in a series with the likes of monique heart and monet x change, we have a final four that includes eureka and kameron michaels. it started so promisingly, but the life has truly been sucked out of this series.

4 Likes

I’m pretty much totally disengaged with this season now for exactly this reason.

1 Like

In fact I’ve just turned this episode off because Ru’s cod psychology is doing my head in

2 Likes

between lena dunham’s judging stint, an embarrassing schtick where they pretend the “good” and “evil” twins are two separate people (which results in an eye-rollingly bad scene where the good twins watch the bad twins hear the judges comments), and a thoroughly uninspiring lip sync, it somehow manages to go even further downhill after rupaul’s workroom patter.

2 Likes

My GF turned it off before the lip sync yesterday so we could go and catch a bus. I’ve never seen her not finish an episode. Unprecedented.

Can’t believe Kameron is final four. She’s good, and seems nice, but not finals material.

Thought Cracker was far more interesting overall, and also better in the lip sync fwiw.

Kameron reminds me of Pearl a few seasons back, who was even more uninspiring and somehow blithered to the finals.

Kind of liking Eureka now, as she does seem to have grown up from the loud, pushy queen. Having two goes at the show was good for her, I reckon. I’d say she deserves to be top 3. Asia too, as she’s been delivering solidly.

Didn’t rate Aquaria’s outfit as all-time top 5 or whatever. They were both nice, but the good girl one was kinda basic. Thought she missed the brief with the voiceover too (oh no what if people think I’m not pretty!), and then the judges gave her a pass with ‘oh she’s young though’. Yeah she’s young, but she also missed the point because she has no soul. Not impressed overall, but I would also love it if Kameron sent her home too tbf.

1 Like

nah its aquaria’s to lose now

She reminds me so much of Violet Chachki - technically good, but up herself and kind of soulless (And she’s fallen by the wayside compared to Ginger Minj, the people’s champion)

Gonna call Eureka/Aquaria/Asia for top 3, probably Asia for the champ. Aquaria’s good, but I think she’s peaked.

Torn between not wanting Eureka to win because I can’t stand her and wanting her to win so we won’t have to see her again in a future All Stars.

just realised i got aquaria and asia mixed up. asia ftw

2 Likes

I read spoilers for the finale and just D: D: D:

dunno if I’ll bother tbh

Grown to really love Eureka. That mini challenge where she was the trucker a few weeks ago was probably that moment I realised this. In the last series I found her quite annoying, and at the start of this series too but has shown herself to be really likeable, fun and creative.

Really like Asia too, is kind of a good all rounder but I don’t think is as funny as Eureka or as stylish as Aquaria. She was my favourite to win for quite a while but I have a weird feeling she’ll go next episode and Kameron will somehow win the challenges next week so he doesn’t have to lip sync. Hope I’m wrong!

Aquaria is the favourite apparently though right? Think she’s too similar to last year’s winner (coture/artsy in her style, NY based) but unlike Sasha Velour is really unlikable and soulless.

Kameron as nice as they are absolutely doesn’t deserve to be there. Cracker wasn’t great in comparison to Asia or Eureka but had way more going on and was far more entertaining imo

1 Like

Not surprised all four went through, that was really tight. Such a good episode. Asia is my favourite by a country mile tho, fuck the rest of those bitches. Also might be going to a party for the final so I need to werk on my looq

Half want to cry because I feel so so sad that Asia’s butterfly thing didn’t work and she looked so upset after losing, and half because I’m so relieved that Aquaria won (I couldn’t take my eyes off her in the final LS but had a horrible feeling Ru would make a bad decision).

TBH I don’t think this Netflix concept works when it comes to finals. I’ve not watched it yet and I’ve already seen 4 posts about who won.

If it was aired at like 9pm or something, this wouldn’t happen.

I went to my parents house without my laptop, forgetting that now I work on Twitter a lot so would probably not be able to avoid spoilers.

Downloaded Netflix on my phone so I could just ff to the last 15 mins and watched it in Costa before going into work. Wasn’t the best way to watch a final tbh.

Managed to avoid spoilers, lucky me

Yeah Asia totally fucked it up with that lip sync/outfit didn’t she? Felt really bad for her as I really thought it would be her in the final lip sync at least. Kameron did turn it on with that performance, though wasn’t nearly as good in the final lip sync, gah.
After that it would have taken a lot from the others to beat Aquaria, who to be fair was absolutely going for it energy wise, thought she might fall apart at this stage as she’s always done so well and never had the pressure of being in the bottom two, as well as coming across as quite soulless. She was funnier and came across a LITTLE bit more humble here, though she had her parents there so perhaps that’s why, hah. Cracked up when she whipped out the Vanjie fan!
Sasha Velour looked great, was my favourite from the last series, glad she’s doing well and using her celebrity for good it seems, aww.
Miss Vanjie for season 11 then?

Sasha looked incredible, we were comparing her to the Alien Queen with that headpiece :heart_eyes: can’t believe how hard Asia fucked it up. She posted summat on instagram tho talking about how gutted she was that it didn’t work, how she’s been working for months with professionals to make sure it would be ok but I guess not rehearsing under stage lighting or whatever. Just as soon as she started opening that first box on her wrist you could see in her face that she knew she’d fucked it. Also thought Eureka did the best in the final lip sync battle for me, Aquaria was all mad energy, didn’t do anything for me

Totally! And a bit like the opera singer in 5th element too.

yeah even then the camera is gonna have to zoom in/follow the butterflies though, I genuinely had no idea what Asia was doing until the camera zoomed into the butterflies crawling about on the floor. As a rule of thumb the mid dance reveals or gimmicks should be big and obvious, all the other girls did that really well. I wonder what she would have done if she went through to the final dance off?