Alex Noren
Thorbjorn Olesen

Wildcards
Paul Casey
Sergio Garcia
Ian Poulter
Henrik Stenson

Captain - Thomas Born
VCs - Luke Donald, Padraig Harrington, Robert Karlsson, Graeme McDowell, Lee Westwood

Estados Unidos :us:
Brooks Koepka
Dustin Johnson
Justin Thomas
Patrick Reed
Bubba Watson
Jordan Speith
Rickie Fowler
Webb Simpson

Wildcards
Tiger Woods
Phil Mickelson
Bryson DeChambeau
Tony Finau

Captain - Jim Furyk
VCs - David Duval, Zach Johnson, Matt Kuchar, Davis Love III, Steve Stricker

Le Golf National, Paris, Friday 28th to Sunday 30th September

Live coverage on Sky Sports/BBC Radio, evening highlights on BBC Two.

:golf:

That US team is absurdly good, I think theyā€™ll win 16-12 or something. Canā€™t believe they havenā€™t won in Europe since 1993.

1 Like

No way the Euro boys wonā€™t get spanked.

2 Likes

Iā€™m remaining optimistic. Sometimes if Iā€™m feeling down I just look at the Sunday scores from 2012:

2 Likes

Seems odd not seeing Westwood in there.

Europe will do well to keep pace.

1 Like

Probably the highest quality field thereā€™s ever been eh? I might have to purchase it - Ā£25 for the weekend. Bargain.

That being said, canā€™t see anything other than a US win here. Unless being on foreign soil throws them a little.

Disappointed to see Sergio get a wildcard over Cabrera-Bello or that other English lad whose name escapes me. I get that weā€™re a bit unbalanced with rookies but Sergioā€™s played appallingly for ages. Delighted to see Poults get in though - him + the Ryder Cup = magic (and heā€™s been in solid form these last 6 months to boot. Great to see)

Not watching. Brexit means brexit

Sergioā€™s been decent on this course recently as well I think, which adds to the pros column for him. Agree about his recent form in general though.

Ah fair enough. If I was Ryder Cup captain Iā€™d probably tilt towards the big name wildcards myself.

(Matt Fitzpatrick was the lad I was thinking of)

This was, without doubt, my favourite sporting spectacle ever.

4 Likes

That USA team is insanely strong.

1 Like

10-4 down at one point on the Saturday. Sunday was insane.

If it hadnā€™t have been for Poulter winning that fourball for us last up on the Saturday itā€™d have been curtains.

The rest of it was just glorious. Bonus bants for Colin Montgomerie on Sky getting gradually more excitable as the day went on.

1 Like

Me: where the fuck is Jason Day
Bf: heā€™s Australian
Me: oh

I am quite looking forward to this but my boy DJ has his head screwed up after Paulina deleted all pics of him from her Instagram as it was rumoured heā€™s got a mistress

2 Likes

Another vote for Davidoff Unstoppable US Monster. There isnā€™t a single weak link there, and even Woods, who used to mix with the rest of his team like oil and water, is just one of the guys these days.

The European team is about as good as we could get I think, with Kaymer being out of form, and certainly stronger looking than last timeā€™s. A past it Westwood, a too-young Fitzpatrick, a not good enough Sullivan, Willett and Wood. Sergioā€™s form is iffy to say the least, but he lives and breathes the RC, and will wind up all the Americans which is an important role. Canā€™t leave it all to Poults.

I do still think weā€™ve got a shot, being in Europe and all. If this was in the US Iā€™d be looking at 18-10 or worse, but I reckon weā€™ll keep it tight an ultimately lose it in the first half of the singles. 15.5 - 12.5.

In any case, the single best sporting weekend of the year, every single shot seems to echo with importance.

Yeah, I mean anything can happen and itā€™s far from a weak European team, but that US team is so strong. We really need our big names to fire if weā€™re to have a chance. Molinari, McIlroy, Rose are up there with the best of the US and our wildcards are ridiculously strong if they perform to their potential (Sergio looks sketchy on recent form). Iā€™m backing Tommy F to be the talisman this year, though ultimately valiant in defeat.

Bubba Watson getting the crowd to go wild for his opening tee shot

• I like this
  • I do not like this

0 voters

Fine at the Ryder Cup, because the partisan nature of the crowd and the atmosphere that rivalry generates is what makes it so good. Obviously bad in any other context.

1 Like

Clarification: This is ONLY acceptable at the Ryder Cup.

I see SenorDingDong has covered this, never mind. Would be quite funny to see him try it at the Masters though.

Oh that goes without saying!