Salad thread

Thread for celebrating all things salads.

salad anything GIF

Post your pics of salad, recipes, ideas, poems etc.

I’ll be in salad drive until about October :rabbit:

9 Likes

Just had my lunch, so everyone, take a look at my side salad

6 Likes

my preference for a side salad is towards 2-4 high quality, robust ingredients. good greens, beefy tomato, fat olives and maybe some onion sliced into the bowl if I feel like it. Drizzle of high quality olive oil and some rock salt, and that’ll do me.

different story for a meal option though, obviously.

8 Likes

Any tips on how to get into salads if you’re really lazy about food prep and don’t really like salads (yet)?

2 Likes

supertramp first draft lyrics etc etc

get a bag of ready washed leafy greens, a nice beefy tomato, a bottle of the best olive oil you can find, some sea salt, and have it as a side dish to your pasta, meat or fish main course.

2 Likes

I’m a real child when it comes to this sort of business

there’s no prep involved though. just empty a bit of the bag into a bowl, chop a few bits off the tomato and you’re done!

my favourite meals are salady type things bunged on a plate together, i think, don’t even really care if none of the stuff is meant to “go” together or what. just feels fresh and healthy.

the toddler won’t even look at a piece of salad or vegetables, so that’s annoying.

2 Likes

Unfortunately stuff like “I don’t like tomatoes” comes into play here

1 Like

I have a name you know!

12 Likes

you don’t need them tbh. leafy greens (spinach, lettuce, whatever) with some olive oil and salt is good enough for me. I don’t like vinegar for instance, but I can still live a rewarding salad life.

2 Likes

Do you have a sweet tooth?

Honey and mustard dressing is really easy to make.

Just mix together some honey and mustard.

2 Likes

You bet I do!

Nice tip, thanks

1 Like

honey and olive oil, hot walnuts, spinach and some microgreens, warm pear, blue or feta cheese.

Kate Mckinnon Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

(Sorry, feels like I’m overdoing my posting in this thread and taking space from salad lovers to share their salad proposals etc)

You can just throw any old shite together and it tastes delicious

5 Likes

Paulie walnuts gualtieri GIF - Conseguir o melhor gif em GIFER

1 Like

Sometimes I get really annoyed with lettuce and a big bag of raw spinach is much better

2 Likes

I’m a big chicory champion

2 Likes