🎅🎄 Return of the DiSmas Secret Santa: OPENING THREAD 🎁🎅

HO HO HO - Merry DiSmas!

no one can wait and this thread had to be made for the FIRST THING IN THE MORNING

so here we go!

open your present, post some photos… then have a guess at who your santa was!!
once your santee has made a guess, the santa can reveal themselves! easy!!

there’s no order just join in when you can.

thank you all very much for joining in! :blush:

MERRY DISMAS

ps. there are some santas who were late sending out presents for various reasons, so if you haven’t received yours yet, please be patient! just post in the thread when you can!

a reminder of everyone who is playing:

aboynamedgoo
AcceptanceIII
carmen
colon_closed_bracket
cutthelights
DarwinBabe
deadonthestairs
elthamsmateowen
Flashinglight
Garethl
grievoustim
He_2
howtobealone
Icarus-Smicarus
Jamos
japes
jazzballet
Jordan_229
Kallgeese
keith
laelfy
Lo-Pan
ltlht
marckee
meowington
Mistersteve
NoahVale
plasticniki
PocketMouse
profk
Ruffers
saps
Scout
sheeldz
shes_so_high
shrewbie
Slicky
Tilly
TKC
Unlucky
Witches
wizardlizard
wonton
Yesiamaduck

I realise this thread was created at MIDNIGHT but please try and refrain from opening your present until tomorrow proper! :smile:

(I’m looking at you tilly :roll_eyes:)

:innocent::innocent::innocent:

I took this before coming in to work.
Excitement!

MASSIVE big ups to @japes for organising, certified ATD of the entire community.

Most hearwarming thread of the year, ho ho ho everyone!

:santa::christmas_tree::gift::gift::gift::gift::gift::gift::sparkles::gift:

The world is shit and I generally hate most things about it, but DiS secrets Santa thread reaffirm my faith in humanity :+1::grinning:

From the other thread:

I’ve opened mine cos i’m super impatient! (and also going out after work tomorrow so won’t be able to open it tomorrow afternoon/evening)

I got a really cool patch of a cat giving the middle finger(s) which I love and will be going on my denim jacket :heart_eyes: AND a massive bag of iced lebkuchen! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Can’t post pics tho cos my phone is a piece of shit.

I didn’t realise I was so transparent on these boards but whoever got me seems to know me pretty well :smiley: I’m very very happy and thank you so much to my secret santa, whoever you are! xxxx

These emojis are enormous.

Which is fine.

you have to make a guess at who your santa was!

oooooh. they called me ‘a fellow cat lover’ and mentioned bearded white men bearing gifts :smiley: so imma guess EMO?

Was it beautifully wrapped, utilising double-sided tape? That seems to be EMO’s MO.

If it isn’t EMO I reckon I could have a stab although I may be completely wrong.

Good morning! :gift:

Well someone knows me far too well. A book about graps, Gin and Video Game Cups of Tea!

Thanks you so much :heart_eyes: xx

I’m going to guess. Ruffers?

I’m awake and have been awake for an hour!!!

Going to open my present when I get to Devon though.

Great job @japes for organising this :slight_smile:

I love that mug! Bravo, Santa.

Right, so with the day ahead bringing Christmas I with my dad coming over and simultaneously trying to keep my teething toddler happy, it turned out about 3am was my prime window for opening my Secret Santa present, but I thought I would hold off posting for a few hours to be respectable.

My lovely Santa sent me a tissue wrapped parcel bearing this lovely shimmery card:

Upon opening I was immediately caught with sheer joy as I noticed this:

Dutch Percy Pigs! :heart_eyes: My Santa claimed to have not known much of my tastes, so they really struck gold here as I love these things! I know they are the variety from Holland because my dad brought me back a bag from his holiday earlier in the year, was totally shocked by their existence… anyway, getting off track here!

After the excitement of that there were two other awesome gifts:

:grinning: I don’t know if my Santa did their research to know I love getting new socks for Christmas, and I absolutely adore the design on them - totally my kind of thing! Harder to see, there is a cool little leaf pin badge which manages to combine my fondness for enamel style things and my love of puns:

Thank you so much Santa! I love my presents and I felt a wave of festiveness opening them :smile:

:face_with_monocle: My biggest Santa clues are that it seems to have come from Holland, so if I am remembering DiSer locations correctly that means… @shrewbie?

Massive thanks also to Santa Overlord @japes for organising the festivities! :santa:

awww you look so happy :slight_smile:

Not at all feigned, genuinely it was such an awesome surprise and I was really touched at getting such a thoughtful present that happened to be something that I love :slight_smile:

Genuinely excited to see what other people get.