Sarah Harding has died

1. Really fucking sad.

Oh no, was only thinking of her the other day. Absolutely heartbreaking.

1 Like

Oh fuck
That’s desperately sad

Feel very taken aback
Awful news

Terrible. Cancer is a cunt. Deeply saddening news.

7 Likes

:cry: Really sad news. 39 is no age.

what the fuck, had no idea she was ill, absolutely awful news

1 Like

Ahhh that is really sad, really horrible hearing of people being taken by cancer so early

So sad, was really rooting for her when she announced her diagnosis. Fucking horrible disease. Saw that underneath messages about her death, there are messages about signs of cancer which is really important to share so here is one

How can you spot breast cancer?
The most common sign of breast cancer is a lump or thickening in the breast - but there are other symptoms too.

They include:

• Change in size or feel of the breast

• Changes in the skin of the breast, such as dimpling or redness

• Fluid leaking from the nipple, outside of pregnancy or breast feeding

• Change in position of the nipple

These symptoms can be caused by other conditions, so it is important to get any lumps or changes checked by a doctor.

Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK, with women over 50 more at risk than the under 40s.

But there are many other factors that can increase a person’s risk, including a family history of cancer and being overweight.

Many treatments are available for breast cancer and survival is generally good if the disease is detected early.

10 Likes

Shit - I’d seen she was ill but no idea it was so serious.

She was probably my favourite from Girls Aloud when I was younger, thought she was really cool :frowning:

Fuck that’s awful :frowning: one of the best girl groups ever

3 Likes

fucking hell, 39? that’s horribly sad

When Girls Aloud were formed I was 13 and they were all adults. Young adults, but still grownups from the perspective of a 13 year old. So in my head, I always thought of the 5 members as being a significant step above me.

Now, I’m 32 and I’d consider someone who’s 39 to be broadly my equal in age terms.

So I think that’s why this hit quite hard when I found out. Really sad.

1 Like

I, genuinely, think I would be a very different person with different interests if it wasn’t for Girls Aloud. They are so wonderful. And although the pop group model naturally means that most members might only get odd moments here and there to show their power and talent, GA would have been infinitely poorer were it not for her.

2:09 is one of my favourite moments in all of pop music.

RIP Sarah Harding :heart::pleading_face::star:

9 Likes

christ that’s hellish. 39 in no age whatsoever. her poor family and friends :frowning:

oh shit, that’s really sad. Same age I am. When I read her last interview I thought it sounded pretty serious but didn’t realise she was so close to dying. How very sad.

Totally caught me by surprise, this. Super sad.