Sat June 17th - Sean Price of Fortuna POP! DJs at Ziggy Stardust special at HDIF at The Phoenix

This month’s HDIF is this Saturday, June 17th, at The Phoenix in central London. Our guest DJ this month is Sean Price of Fortuna POP!, who’ll be playing his usual floor-filling mixture of indie pop and northern soul. We’ll also be celebrating 45 years since the release of “The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars” by David Bowie, which came out on June 16th, 1972. We’ll be playing every song from the album over the course of the night, so come and dance to “Starman”, “Suffragette City”, “Hang On To Yourself”, “Moonage Daydream” and the rest! We had lots and lots of fun doing the “Hunky Dory” special last year and I’m really looking forward to this!

Admission is the regular price of £4 for members and £6 for non-members on the door, and £6 in advance. You can pick up an advance ticket here - WeGotTickets | Simple, honest ticketing | Sean Price of Fortuna Pop DJs at How Does It Feel To Be Loved? plus \"Ziggy Stardust\" special.

If you’d like to listen to something while you do your hair on the night, I’ve put together a Ziggy Stardust themed podcast, featuring inspired covers of the songs on the album, plus a demo of one of the songs by David himself. You can listen to that here - Mixcloud. I’m really proud of this one. From indie psyche to southern soul, from alt-country to riot grrrl, it’s all here. Please have a listen.

Also, if you haven’t seen the photos from last month’s HDIF yet, they’re here - how does it feel to be loved? - london club night playing indie pop, northern soul, tamla motown, girl groups, sixties heartbreak

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Saturday June 17th
The Phoenix, 37 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PP. 9pm-3am. £4 members, £6 non members, £6 advance ticket. Advance tickets here WeGotTickets | Simple, honest ticketing | Sean Price of Fortuna Pop DJs at How Does It Feel To Be Loved? plus \"Ziggy Stardust\" special

This month we’re celebrating 45 years since the release of “The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars” by David Bowie, which came out on June 16th, 1972. We’ll be playing every song from the album over the course of the night.

Guest DJ Sean Price of Fortuna POP!

We play:

David Bowie * The Smiths * The Supremes * Belle & Sebastian * Dusty Springfield * The Magnetic Fields * Love * Orange Juice * The Ronettes * Aztec Camera * Beach Boys * The Temptations * Velvet Underground * Felt * The Shangri-Las * Allo Darlin’ * Otis Redding * The Field Mice * Dexys Midnight Runners * Camera Obscura * The Four Tops * The Go-Betweens * Tammi Terrell * Jens Lekman * Jonathan Richman * Le Tigre * Pat Powdrill * The Sea Urchins * Sleater-Kinney * Os Mutantes * Neutral Milk Hotel * The Left Banke * The Associates * Martha Reeves & The Vandellas

And all the nobody people, and all the somebody people
I never thought I’d need so many people