Satdownurday

Doing much sitting down today? Or have you got plans to be social and that?

Off to work soon, predictably its going to rain during the tour, can’t wait.

I want chocolate…got any cravings?

2 Likes

Morning Scout!

Aunt is picking us up later to go to some family attraction which will no doubt be hellish with people trying to pack in one last activity of the holidays.

Right now deciding whether I can leave R to play downstairs in his own while I shower. Just brushed my teeth and he has been happily playing so far. Is this ok, or should I wait until there is someone else awake to supervise?

• He’ll be fine, go shower!
  • Leaving a three-year-old unsupervised that long is a bad idea.

0 voters

Craving pancakes here :drooling_face:

2 Likes

I always leave M alone whilst I shower. She usually follows me in anyway (actually into the shower), but this morning I left some episodes of PJ Masks babysitting. Go for it!

MORNING!

I currently have a child on my lap watching volcano Instagram videos.

Going to buy some gig tickets this morning, hopefully going to the pub tonight if my mate ever replies to my text (but I might sneak in a cheeky half at lunchtime otherwise because there’s a particular beer on tap in a pub near me that I want to try, thanks to the beer wankers thread). Why yes, it is too early to be thinking about beer, thanks for your concern.

Whacking CBeebies on every morning while I do my bathroom stuff happens EVERY morning here. It’ll all be fine - just don’t put on Numberblocks or Kit & Pup which last less than five minutes. Jimbo loves watching a bit of Do You Know, and they last a good twenty minutes

Yeah, this is the thing - if no one is around usual I’ll leave him in the company of Duggee or Sarah & Duck, but he didn’t want that this morning and wanted to go play downstairs. Always feels less risky if I can keep him on the same floor of the house!

Also my brother always looks at me like a monster if I leave him alone for five seconds. Urgh need to be out of this house.

I reckon you should wake your brother up in that case, then he can’t look at you like monster and you get the added bonus of disturbing his sleep :blush:

Hi there! Hobbling off to work shortly on my fucked leg/ankle. Hopefully it’ll get better for a bit of moving around. Really cba, I’ll level with you.

Ah, but then I will be being selfish, I can’t win here :frowning:

Going to shower and assert my mum authority. Hope nothing goes wrong :grimacing:

1 Like

When I stayed with M’s family once I secretly encouraged her into their bedroom when we woke up as if she bounded in all by herself happy to see them but actually I was crouched in the hall cheering her on and pushing her towards their room

7 Likes

Oh no! Hope it gets better soon

1 Like

It’ll be ok in a day or two, just a flare up of what the doctor called ‘I really don’t know’ :grimacing:

Morning gang

Driving home from holidays today, usually takes 6 hours plus depending on traffic. Just woken the kids up and having brekkie

Might get a curry this evening

2 Likes

Gonna do loads of fitting down today. Can’t wait.

Been up since 5.15 with the kiddo. We’ve both had breakfast, and my wife has just woken up. Think I’m heading to the bottle bank in a sec, then to a shop to get bits for a BBQ later.

Woken up at seven this morning by people arriving at the Airbnb property next door complete with two screaming children. Looks like they’re only starting one night at least, but this is starting to cause me so much stress.

Have retreated into town to sit in Caffè Nero for a couple of hours. Was going to take my dog for a long walk but my knee is playing up so that might be off the cards. At least I can then repay my new neighbours as he’ll be a nightmare all day.

By ‘screaming’ I mean that parents allowed them to scream for a good twenty minutes or so. Could hear every word at scream level and I wasn’t even in an adjoining room :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Look at this 100% accurate graphic from the will writing people we’ve got coming round.

6 Likes

Something about “Children are born" when everything else is in the active form has done me.

Those kids aren’t going to be in the will, are they? :cry:

7 Likes

I’m doing everything in the wrong order!

3 Likes