Satters- it’s the weekend!

Unfortunately there’s no Chinese food left in ongar because we ordered and ate it all last night so it’s the literal edition this morn…

Ahhh do you live in Ongar? Hi from Woodford (usually- on holiday rn)

1 Like

We’ve got Accy away. Nothing personal but I really hope Rochdale win 15-0.

On the plus side, look at this fantastic t shirt I just got delivered

19 Likes

You should know I just christened our new sandwich toaster. There are up to 16 different inserts but this comes only with standard and waffles. I guess we’ll try to make waffles tomorrow although it’s a fairly rich recipe.

My toasties were good, not least because I’d not eaten anything for 6 or so hours.

5 Likes

That’s an awesome tee shirt

1 Like

'There are at least two theories.

One is that the Chinese words for “egg” and “spring” sound so much alike that waiters, cooks and diners all became confused. The other (in which Berman delights) is that spring rolls are given as presents on the New Year (the start of spring on the lunar calendar). When fried, the crispy bundles resembled gold bars and were offered in hopes that everyone would be rich and successful in the coming year. Supposedly they became egg rolls when the southern Chinese, who couldn’t make a thin noodle from water and flour, stuck an egg into the batter, and flattened it out.’

1 Like

Where’s the fantastic shirt?

(I actually like it.)

1 Like

Oh hello! Mrs stack is Woodford Bridge crew originally so have spent loadsa time there over the years! I miss the ghandi terribly. Staving off a chunder outside masons, not so much…

1 Like

Morning kids.

Had a relative lie in this morning until just past seven, and I’m now applying coffee to my face. Probably going to go out for breakfast in a bit, just because.

It’s the start of kids party season with the NCT lot, which will probably be most weekends for the next few months.

1 Like

Morning TAW, all,

Already got dread for Monday. My boss is back and i wasn’t able to remember everything she gave me to do while she was away. Also, one thing she asked me to do was to list out everything i do in my job and how long it takes me. I mean it might seem obvious to some, but I don’t really know how ling things take. I just do my job and that’s that. Really beginning to feel micromanaged, which coming after 5 years of seeing my manager about once a quarter doesn’t suit me at all.

Anyway, got Are You Listening? Festival today, which I’m hoping will be great fun. I feel a bit bad as a second of the bigger acts has now cancelled late in the day - Kiran Leonard has pulled out for personal reasons. I hope everyone involved is ok. Really looking forward to Another Sky and TVAM and might try to catch Shoals, Big Lad and Gengahr too.

Off to make a banana and strawberry smoothie and a cheesey potato skin and a BLT now.

Weekend well, all.

1 Like

Morning!

Really don’t want to do my tour today and the weather is rubbish.

Still no chai in the house. Think I’m having withdrawals.

Chinese? Nah they don’t cook that in Ongar, I heard you say.

I’m so sorry.

I’m not sorry at all

4 Likes

Morning. Just about to take the eldest out for her weekly bike ride round the park (she’s very nervous about cycling so this is a big deal for her). Weather is looking rubbish so I’m making the most of a short window when it’s not pouring with rain.

You’re right, I should know about this and I appreciate you informing me.
What did you put in your toastie?
Will you do savoury waffles or sweet?
I bought @avery a waffle maker for his birthday a few years ago.
I’m an expert at getting away with buying him presents that we both benefit from :sunglasses:

1 Like

That sounds really shit to be asking you that TBH.

I have no tasks I could reasonably put a time value to.

What sort of job do you do?

1 Like

Your post is really helping me a lot.

Thanks!

Im a data analyst. I can easily say, well, thr first few days of the minth are taken up with me producing monthly reports. And i have a billing process which i allocate a day for that doesn’t really take that long, but beyond that i just do stuff and they pay me for it. The arrangement works both ways. Sometimes i have less to do but then sometimes I’ll get 3 requests from completely independent areas of the business within a few minutes.

Problem is, she loves her job and works really hard and quite frankly i haven’t a clue what i want to do with mt life, so I just do what I’m good at.

2 Likes

What are spring rolls called spring rolls when there’s no spring in them?

Oh Theo