Saturday…I think

Just woken up to the sound of rain battening down my hatches. Was hoping to get out for a ride but if I do it’ll be later on.

Had a super night, met up with a friend I haven’t seen in years and actually went to a gig. Came home before the headline as I was cycling and had one or two beers but nevertheless was glad to have got out.

Here’s some of the earlier act.

9 Likes

Worst saturday ever

I just saw this trailer and my brain still fucking hurts from the awful jokes

Especially the 420 one

3 Likes

Off to work in a second. Yay. Have great Saturdays everyone, a shan’t

1 Like

Morning all!

I’m watching Dance Monsters with The Child again. We’re going to drama in a bit and then she’s going out with Wor Lass this afternoon.

1 Like

Revenge bairn woke up stupidly early. Gonna be knacked all day.

She has a party at half 9. What sort of twisted bam schedules a party THAT early on a Saturday?

Need to try and carve a couple of hours out later to watch decision to leave which a kindly disser gifted me but i dunno if I’m going to manage. Hope so.

We’ve had a couple of these where we can’t work out what kind of monsters would have a kids party starting that early (or as late as 6pm) but it’s all down to demand, isn’t it? Everyone with lockdown kids is trying to book parties and the soft play can only accommodate so many Haribo-charged toddlers.

Bubs woke at 5.30 and wouldn’t go back to sleep, also have a (belated Xmas) party at 9.30, which actually works out pretty well for us timing wise

Absolutely cannot be fucked with this weather though

Have to sand the walls in the kitchen as part of painting prep. Not looking forward to it but it must be done.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

Morning off to Park Run and then to see Gf for first time post Xmas

Just bought 80 bags of Seabrook’s Worcester sauce crisps on ebay

5 Likes

Why aren’t the characters all asking each other ‘Where’s Scooby?’

3 Likes

Slept for 11 hours. I think the cat wants feeding.

12 Likes

Woke up at 5 for some reason. Golf course is shut so will have to entertain my husband today :roll_eyes: I asked if I should leave my porridge pan and bowl for him to wash up as something to do but he’s not having it.

Off to get wet and muddy in the park :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Morning all :wave:

It’s absolutely miserable here. I think we might go out for breakfast or something, as there’s no real incentive to leave the house otherwise. It’s then forecast to be freezing from tomorrow onwards. Up yours, winter!

Anyway, enough pessimism, Here’s the :sun_with_face: DAYLIGHT UPDATE! :sun_with_face:

:sunny: :crescent_moon: Daylight :heavy_plus_sign:
King’s Lynn 08:04 16:11 08:06:59 +2:23
London 08:00 16:18 08:18:22 +2:15
Glasgow 08:38 16:13 07:34:46 +2:48
Manchester 08:18 16:18 08:00:03 +2:29
The Beer Factory, Devon 08:09 16:38 08:28:38 +2:08
Newcastle 08:23 16:07 07:44:34 +2:40
Cardiff 08:12 16:31 08:18:36 +2:15
Belfast 08:38 16:27 07:48:40 +2:37

Nice to see :honeybee: Manchester :honeybee: smashing the 8 hour mark! Only in Manchester (and everywhere south of Manchester!)

14 Likes

Morning

Had a nice lie-in - even the dog co-operated for once, which is nice.

Was about to stick some porridge on but wife has ordered a McDo breakfast, so that’s even better.

Weather is dryer than forecast, so will take the dog for a walk in a bit and then going to watch very highly paid adults play a game for silly children this afternoon.

Morning all, have made it through January this far without buying a single record. Must stay strong. Raining so my work is likely off (which means zero money), going to find that thread that was about part time remote working advice.

Don’t know why we keep making this mistake. It said yer man was on his way and 4 minutes away about 20 minutes ago :person_shrugging:

Roblox is ruining my life. Shittest game ever bht the wee man loves it. Managed so far fo avoid him spending any money on it but it’s only a matter of time.

View from breakfast in the sky bar of my hotel:

14 Likes

The peer pressure to get Roblox / Minecraft is immense right now. We’re holding off for now, but I don’t want to be one of those parents who stops their child having any of the cool stuff (since I was that child many years ago)

2 Likes

Anyway, it’s bloody miserable here. Rain all day. I need to try and buy some bike clips because I can’t cycle in my new trousers, and I might get a treat from the market on my way back, but other than that, it’s going to be a looooong slow day