Saturday Morning/ Daytime

Morning/ Daytime all!

Standard Saturday for us. I’ve had toast and chocolate spread for breakfast.

There isn’t a daytime update yet* but it’s up in Glasgow.

Your life must be more interesting than mine.

2 Likes

Hello Keith

Working 3-11 today :cry: so have an entire day to kill before work. Making pancakes with my daughter in a second and listening to some nice songs that came out in the week.

4 Likes

*rushes into thread with a pile of papers*

:sun_with_face: DAYLIGHT UPDATE! :sun_with_face:

:sunny: :crescent_moon: Daylight :heavy_plus_sign:
King’s Lynn 07:47 16:35 08:48:00 +3:19
London 07:45 16:42 08:57:08 +3:08
Glasgow 08:18 16:41 08:22:24 +3:49
Manchester 08:00 16:43 08:42:28 +3:25
The Beer Factory, Devon 07:55 17:00 09:05:26 +2:59
Newcastle 08:04 16:34 08:30:08 +3:40
Cardiff 07:57 16:54 08:57:20 +3:08
Belfast 08:20 16:53 08:33:24 +3:36

Another big day for the :beers: :factory: in Devon, being the first of those represented to pass the 5pm barrier!

:arrow_double_down: :arrow_double_down: NEWS ABOUT THE DAYLIGHT UPDATE BELOW :arrow_double_down: :arrow_double_down:

11 Likes

I have previously turned down requests from other parts of the south / south-east to be included in the :sun_with_face: DAYLIGHT UPDATE! :sun_with_face: because of their proximity to London. However, from February, I am happy for one of the following three locations to be included in the update. DiSers, please choose from the following:

• London
  • Brighton
  • Isle of Wight

0 voters

THIS POLL WILL CLOSE AT 23:59 TODAY

1 Like

I absolutely had visions of me writing a substantial introduction paragraph and then finding out that you’d already created the thread.

1 Like

There’s nothing like the mild adrenaline rush of starting a daily thread, knowing that another DiSer might be doing the exact same thing.

3 Likes

Wee yin been up since half 6, hoping the wife will let me have a brief nap shortly.

More wee yin birthday shenanigans later. House will be chaos.

Morning!

Baby slept through the night for the first time :tada: I’d probably feel great if I hadn’t had a few wines last night!

Making coffee and eggs, listening to Suicide, gonna finish the film we started last night and then got a pub lunch :+1:

5 Likes

Is that Brighton who today break the three minute barrier, and tomorrow break the nine hour day*? I sure hope so!

*Curse you beer factory for being one day ahead of us! Hopefully we’ll be first with a 7am sunrise

Anyway, a decent night’s sleep, which is what I needed to try and shake this cold of mine. I’m meant to be out in Lewes tonight, so hopefully what’s left of my ailments will drift away throughout the day. Or I’ll mask them with Lemsip.

Today’s breakfast was disappointing - I did plan on Marmite on toast, but the marmite ran out part way through application.

:wave: morning

Went to bed at 10pm last night because I was knackered. Still feel v tired and a bit run down (hopefully not ill).

Got loads of work to do this weekend but am also picking up some furniture I bought so that’s cool.

Can’t wait ,to break the 8am sunrise barrier

Park run then off to a place I call South Lanarkshire

A is having porridge and berries, once she’s finished we’ll do some colouring and listen to music.

Going out for a drive with my brother today, looking forward to seeing what music he’s listening to these days.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

E woke at half 12 then wouldn’t settle for 2 hours so finally had her in bed with us, where she rolled around constantly for another hour before finally falling asleep. Urgh. I’m working today to make extra bucks, feel rough though.

No.

2 Likes

Manchester peeps/@urbanfox

Couple of questions. Wife is going for a long weekend to Manchester in March and is currently trying to sort travel arrangements. I’ve suggested driving and a long stay car park as Avanti West Coast are shit atm. Anyone know of a decent long stay car park that’s easy to get to central?

Or is the train a better suggestion?

Morning DiS!

Am in Keswick, having a weekend away to deal with some stressful situations.

Staying right next to where Keswick parkrun starts, so rather than doing that i ran up Latrigg. 1000ft of climb in 4 miles. Really hard work!

11 Likes

It’d be Cross Country all the way from your neck of the woods to Manchester, wouldn’t it? They run Southampton/Bournemouth direct to Piccadilly.

They seem to be fairly reliable, if a little overcrowded and expensive - probably cost more than it would to do train to London, then (Avanti) train from London to Manchester. But yes, generally speaking Avanti are a bit of a shambles at the moment.

Morning all, btw.

Just finished a gruelling 4 and half hours or so of button pushing and lever pulling.

Gonna have a nice coffee then head home, I suppose.

Strap broke on my Fitbit somewhere between leaving home and getting to work this morning as well. So RIP fitbit, I guess.