Saturday - The Day of Victory!

Morning all!

What are you winning at today?

I’m lead parent all weekend to allow Wor Lass to have brunch with two different groups of friends on Sat and Sun.

I booked a table at a local pizza restaurant as a surprise lunch for The Child after gymnastics. She’s absolutely uninterested.

7 Likes

Squeezing in a cheesy 90s workout whilst M watches some nonsense about mermaids, then might take her to see the new murals in Old Trafford.

No other plans, feels like it’s going to be a loooooooong day.

Zoom later with my crush :heart_eyes:

9 Likes
3 Likes

Morning all :wave:

I started a morning thread but @keith got there first. I prefer this being a day of victory :slight_smile:

Weather is looking grim today but I think we might put our waterproofs on and head to the coast anyway. Gonna have hotdogs and chips for tea and pretend like it is actually late spring.

2 Likes

Going to work :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Queueing for my jab. Didn’t realise that my 8am ‘appointment’ would be shared with about 30 other people which has slightly knackered my tight morning schedule.

2 Likes

I am smitten
I’m the real thing (I’m the real thing)
Have you seen her come around?

2 Likes

Better than the lyrics I sent him about it

Zoom zoom zoom zoom
I want you in my room

8 Likes

Those are the classic Zoom lyrics though.

Also, Monster is the album with the highest ratio of songs I like vs lyrics I know.

Me: “a smile, cocktails, 2 for 2 / you know that Arnie was the shackles of you”
Michael Stipe:

3 Likes

I am sorry - I spent so long typing the post I expected I would be the silver medallist.

1 Like

Oh I see why now, it’s so quick! They’re absolutely rattling through people here.

All is good. I’ve banished my duplicate thread to the Lounge!

1 Like

You’ll get some better-quality posters in there for sure.

Not like the dross I attract in here.

One of my favourite places in Cardiff! :rofl:

Have a good morning, everyone

1 Like

Morning!

Things I’ve won at so far this morning : having a shower, making coffee, looking forlornly at the rain out the window, letting the cat who went out on aforementioned rain make muddy paw prints all over the kitchen.

Currently winning at drinking coffee

Later victories will involve a supermarket delivery, a trip to the park, then later on tonight, some outdoor art as part of Brighton festival and our first babysitter for over a year

My housemate’s birthday party rolls into its 13th hour :sleeping:

IT’S F.A. CUP FINAL DAY!!!

8 Likes

Morning!

One of my neighbours appears to be mowing their lawn, despite it being soaking wet and currently raining.

Parents and in-laws are coming round for wife’s birthday this afternoon. Original plan was to do a BBQ but now having sandwiches and sausage rolls and samosas and that instead.

Which un?

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

6 Likes