Saturday - The Weekend Never Really Starts Around Here

Morning all!

I am awake with a hungry toddler, which is one of the minor variations my life takes at the moment.

We might do online gymnastics (probably not), I might buy groceries and we’ll be eating a lamb pilaf later. I would like to watch a film in the evening while drinking the last of my Xmas beers.

Tell me stories of your plans, activities and meals.

3 Likes

Today is a lazy one
Cricket
Food shop
Cheese shop
Booze
Hip hop chip shop for tea (cheers for the heads up @Scout x)
Board games
Film/TV

Also been seeing my partner for 4 (four!) years today :blush:

18 Likes

Plans: none

Activities: very few

Will probably go for a long walk if the rain holds off. Think some sort of kofta curry is in the works for tea

2 Likes

Morning,

The boy is still in his own bed because the time on his glo-clock is out and it’s in our interest not to change it.

Zoom quiz tonight, but before that we might bring forward our weekend roast so that if it snows tomorrow we’re not stuck indoors cooking, but that’ll mean I need to go to the shops for supplies

Morning @keith @Matt_was_taken @riverwise @rob.orch and anyone posting below :arrow_down:

It’s absolutely hammering down this morning. Was going to go for a walk but I think that’s not going to happen. Might make a cooked breakfast. Also going to make the chicken shawarma pie from the Falastin cookbook - it looks tricky so I’m a little apprehensive. I’ll tag @neilyoung when it’s done.

Bed is nice though.

Here’s the :sunny: DAYLIGHT UPDATE :sunny: !

London
:sun_with_face: :crescent_moon: :clock1: :heavy_plus_sign:
07:30 16:59 09:29:02 +3:30
Edinburgh
07:57 16:57 09:00:18 +4:14
King’s Lynn
07:32 16:53 09:21:37 +3:41
Salcombe
07:41 17:17 09:36:11 +3:20
8 Likes

Aka The American Cheekster.

2 Likes

Congratulations to Edinburgh for smashing the 9 hour mark :muscle: :+1: :clap: :sunny:

2 Likes

Morning everyone. I’ve been up since 6 with the puppy. Kids came down shortly afterwards. We’re all chillin and I’m watching the cricket. Think today will be pretty lazy. Hopefully get out for a walk later while the puppy sleeps, and might take her in the car as part of her training. Have a good day yall

1 Like

Toddler still putting the ill in silly. Was up with her from 4-530 and she’s constantly on the verge of losing it. Watching Finding Dory which is cheering her up a bit.

1 Like

Having serious insomnia. Fell asleep on the couch at 10pm and then was up from 11pm to 3am. There’s a 3am again, I thought they’d retired it after we had our second kid.

Anyway, got the job I wanted. Fucking yas.

Today we need to clean the house a bit and get out for a walk but the weather is SHIT and I’ve got the sniffles. We’re watching Paw Patrol: Moto Pups on the Canada vpn and its even more contrived bullshit than usual.

31 Likes

Starting a 12 hour shift in a few minutes and then another tomorrow morning.

I’ve got a £7.50 voucher from Deliveroo and will spend my freetime thinking about what to cash it in on tomorrow night.

Off to work

That’s it. Bye

Great news, sheeldz! :partying_face: (Re the job, not the insomnia)

3 Likes

Congratulations man

5 Likes

Ooft. But yay!

1 Like

Great news!

2 Likes

19 Likes

Ahhhh had such a lovely nights sleep, ooh still looks dark out, can just lay here for a bit and chill, gather my thoughts and I wonder what the ti-oh fucking hell it’s fucking half eight argh.

1 Like

Morning all, up a bit earlier than expected with a bit of a foggy head.

Now:
Currently putting together some music for a radio show and drinking coffee

Next:
Need to start packing and cleaning this weekend in anticipation of getting an exchange date for our new flat next week.

Later:
Pizza and Drag Race

Morning!

Another foggy one this morning.

Have woken up with a banging headache.

Going to watch the cricket for a bit.
Take the dog for a walk later this morning.

Probably some sort of takeaway tonight.

1 Like