Saturday Thread (25/May)

Had eggs, poached, with avocado, on bagels and sriracha sauce on top

5 Likes

Oooooh

Was good

I get a similar response when I drink posh rum only I get hives on my back and chest. It’s something to do with an allergy to certain grasses. Yours might be a similar response to one of the grains involved in beer.

@Gnometorious’ suggestion of antihistamines (hereafter Mr Men Tablets is a good shout. That’s what I use if I can’t limit myself to the rasclaart supermarket rum options.

2 Likes

Yeah I think you’re right! I love that you just can’t help yourself when it comes to posh rum :smiley:

2 Likes

TV is cooking a fry-up when I’m back from climbing. Your logic is sound.

1 Like

Morning champs and chumps,

NGL, I’m a big big fan of three day weekends so I’m in a pretty darn good mood right now.
Going on a long walk today, dancing in a field all day tomorrow. Probably going to find standing up and sitting down quite difficult by Monday.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend ahead of you, too.

Hugs n kisses :hugs:
Extra gentle hug for @Rarity feel better soon! Have you got anything gingery? Ginger is good for an upset tummy x

3 Likes

Morning team

My mild hangover has been vanquished with iced tea, oj, water, 2x coffees and toast with marmite and peany b

Gonna go for a bike ride with the boy in a bit

Tonight I’m going to do Brighton festival stuff and drink beer and eat food with my romantic interest. Looking forward to it

1 Like

I’ve been craving bruschetta all week. Even bought some fancy little tomatoes but ended up using them in our lunch salads instead.
What’s your bruschetta recipe?
:tomato::baguette_bread::tomato::baguette_bread::tomato::baguette_bread::tomato:

Hello hello hello

Up, got the sniffles and a bit of a temperature. Of course! It’s half term!

Got to clean and tidy the house, take V to a party, do a food shop then collapse in the garden.

R has started watching the Defiant Ones on netflix. So much swearing, my tuts are off the radar.

I’D LIKE TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
@avery has stopped putting ice cream in our breakfast smoothies, using ICE instead. Fucking ice. That’s just frozen WATER. And now we’ve run out of ice and so my smoothie is unsufficiently cold as well as being too healthy.
:rage:

Ps. Yes I’m know I’m a spoiled brat.

6 Likes

wait what? i’ve never been bought a suit!

That sounds literally delicious.

Going on the Glasgow bus tour like a tourist.

Gonna have a vegan breakfast tower first.

ooh I forgot about this book! Better sit and read it for an hour. Oooh oil pastels, better do some art. Oooh I’m hungry better go make a frittata.

2 Likes

Slept from 10:30pm to 9am and feel INCREDIBLE today. Currently at the in-laws drinking some magnificent Cuban coffee they brought back from their holiday and off to that London in a bit for Alice In Chains. We’re staying in the new Hard Rock Hotel, might buy a magnet.

2 Likes

Thnaks, lovely. I have a big jar of chopped ginger in the cupboard but not sure that would be nice on its own :stuck_out_tongue: My tummy feels way too iffy to risk putting food inside it anyway. I’ll keep that in mind for if I get to a point I can eat something though :heart:

Perhaps when you feel upto it, try steeping a little of that ginger in some boiling water, wait for it to cool to a drinkable temperature and sip it slowly. Maybe add some honey and lemon if you have them and cba.

2 Likes

My two days was more based around doing an hour or so of it to scope out how long it will take on one day then squeezing the rest into as short a time as possible at the last possible minute on a second day.

1 Like

Thinly veiled ‘my friends really like me’

3 Likes