Saturday Thread of The Day

Morning all!

I’m up early with The Child.

We’re heading across to Edinburgh today to meet Wor Lass’s brother’s new girlfriend. Enough fuss appears to be being made my wife’s mother to both alienate Wor Lass (long story involving me) and probably terrify the new girlfriend too. It is going to be an afternoon of awkward. I hope the food will be good.

Tell me who you’re meeting, what you’re eating and where you’re going! Or something.

2 Likes

Several hundred members of the public

Lunch and dinner probably, maybe some snacks also

Work :frowning:

2 Likes

Morning.

In what has become something of a tradition, we’re off to Lewes to:

• Do some Record Store Day shopping (probably won’t buy an actual RSD release);
  • Go for a long walk with the dogs on the South Downs;
  • Pub lunch (the most ludicrously tasty chilli bean burger)
6 Likes

Comprehensive answer - good work.

1 Like

Sounds delicious!

2 Likes

Good morning!
Having a fry up for breakfast.

What are you?

• Domestic soft boy
  • International hard man

0 voters

Think today is going to be tough. Travelling home, having a nice breakfast out and then going to see my grandpa for probably the last time. Might buy some local beers whilst I’m down and see how my mate’s micropub is getting on.

Also heading east.

Meeting family including all my nieces and nephew for the first time since Christmas.

Had used majority of food in preparation of being away for a few weeks, so its just bread (nice home baked bread though).

2 Likes

Off to the pool then meeting some mates later

You’ve been on this site far too long not to know the answer to this already.

5 Likes

Morning!

We’re trying to introduce Jimbo to the concept of a lie in. Currently that involves him playing on my iPad between us. At least I’m still in bed.

Anyway, exciting times today, since my favourite pub reopened yesterday for the first time since lockdown so I’ll be going for a lunchtime pint or two. Can’t wait.

1 Like

Big hugs xxx

18 Likes

Strictly domestic, so soft.

2 Likes

Aw mate :heart::hugs:

5 Likes

Basketmakers?

Morning,
A beautiful day for going to see @AQOS and @riverwise for a little Bristol chat etc. Sure if anyone else is about do join.

Then it’s the big match :trophy::soccer:

6 Likes

No idea what to do til I have to go get the train (except eat bread)

Yeah, so I can’t see him. He died in the night. Had a bit of a cry and my daughter wandered over and gave me a hug, which obviously made me cry even more.

Oh mate.

Hope you and your family are doing as well as can be x

27 Likes

Oh shit man, thats so sad, thoughts are with you.

6 Likes