Saturday Thread

Update! This went very well. My Mam talked the ear off my GF, they got along very well and my parents even came back to our new apartment for tea. They even got us a moving in present!

13 Likes

Solid parenting :grinning::+1:

1 Like

This isn’t what Channel 5 coverage taught me during my GCSEs :wink:

Field hockey Colin, field hockey

2 Likes

or plunder it from the vocaroo threads

2 Likes

Heh. Hence the @safetywink

Big fan during the London Olympics btw, just no time to keep it up.

2 Likes

been looking through public domain recordings and have found a good one of James Joyce reading from Finnegans Wake, absolutely using that.

Buffet pudding

I missed your post at the time, but hopefully you did. The guitarist is an old school friend of my other half - I really should introduce myself to them at some point (not just because of that, but also because I write a music blog about Brighton bands)

I haven’t, but they’re still there… I’ll go embarrass myself in a minute

1 Like

Done :grimacing:

3 Likes

Haha! What happened?

1 Like

Not much. I just went, said thanks for playing, they’re awesome and one of the few bands I’ve listened to in recent years. Nearly told them they actually helped get me out of my depression, but didn’t feel like the time it place to unload that on them so kept it a bit more general. They were cool with it, but social awkwadness on my side means I’m both buzzing a bit from going through with speaking to them and also :grimacing: at the same time.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t feel :grimacing: man, they’ll like hearing you enjoyed them :slight_smile: (I know saying this prolly won’t help with the :grimacing: though :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Gone out for a post dinner walk but forgot about midgeygeddon and I’m being absolutely eaten alive.

Yeah, it’s one of those things where I know this totally, But have a hard time believing it. (See the mental health thread) something to talk about with my therapist on Thurs.

I had something similar to this yesterday. I’ve followed a vegan fitness lady on Instagram for a few years and she goes to the gym up the road that I recently joined and I’ve seen her but been too nervous to be like “hi I follow you on Instagram and I like your posts” etc but finally did it yesterday and I DEFO sounded weird and nervous and just very very odd BUT quite pleased I spoke to someone I don’t know?? Cause I would never speak to someone I don’t know.

3 Likes

Good man.

It always helps to remember that they’re just people too, it just happens that they’re musicians as well.

1 Like

Totally this Meo! Chances are neither you or I came across as particularly awkward, but it doesn’t stop us feeling that way :slight_smile:

Well done btw!

1 Like

Ahm oot.

Also hungry.