Hi!

Tidying the flat
Picking up a parcel
Going to Dunham Massey for a party
Had no sleep at all last night so hopefully going to bed early

Turns out running is also for losers

Sun came out just as I got home. Ffs

5 Likes

Morning! Just eating some crunchy nut cornflakes before leaving for work. Tourist season has properly kicked in and today is going to be a fucking nightmare. Got given a fancy bottle of rum yesterday by the guy who makes it though so I’ve got that to look forward to later.

Pet Shop Boys were amazing last night!! Really different to anything I’ve seen before, so many bangerzzz and weird to see people full on losing their shit and partying at the Royal Opera House :blush: also didn’t realise it would just be me and my friend whose birthday it was. he’s v popular and is a massive party animal so it means a lot that he wanted to hang out with me on his bday!

Pool party later for same friend’s birthday! The oen day I wanted it to be disgustingly sunny and it’s going to be a cool squib :smiley: still excited though.

Less excited thinking about the intervention I will have to have with my housemate about her continuing to be thoughtless and slovenly. I can’t fucking deal with constantly being left with tonnes of mess left for me to clean up after her D&D mates come over, or the flies when she leaves leftover food around for days (picked up 3 things of hers on Tuesday which had flies nesting in them). She’s not malicious, but there’s a level of thoughtlessness that’s offensive. Dreading it, but being nice and prodding hasn’t worked at all, and I’m at the end of my tether, so… time to go postal when she gets back from dogsitting her bf’s parents’ dogs (which might be next week :grimacing:) .

2 Likes

Your options:

• letting them help themselves (they can make it how they want it but might think it’s rude that you cba? idk how likely that is tho)
  • google the instructions and make them a cup (effort made, but might be shit - I did this once and the dude grimaced his way through it. fuck off pal)
  • snipe them by bringing out a glass of water instead (lowest amount of effort made, no fucking about with shit drinks, helping them stay hydrated)
  • don’t keep tea in the house so no-one can expect you to make them tea (they will prob think you’re a dickhead, but you’re taking a noble stand against tea privilege)
2 Likes

I just went for a run and the wind is SO BEAUTIFUL

Edit: dry too, sorry @Aggpass

1 Like

put a teabag in a mug. pour boiling water over it. stir it a bit. if they want milk or sugar put milk or sugar in it.

it’s not hard.

It must be at least a bit hard because you forgot the part about taking the teabag out.

17 Likes

Slept through to 8:40. Minor miracle!

1 Like

Well check out ol’ fancy tea-drinker @anon89873996 here.

2 Likes

I’m not even on teabook, m9, I just know how to make tea :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

That “trendy modern” one is very, very similar to the ties that I inherited from my uncle who originally bought them in the mid-1960s

1 Like

Morning all!

Apple cinnamon crunch for breakfast; had to share my pot of coffee with Wor Lass so I’m already a coffee down on usual Saturday intake.

Football this morning and then a drive to Newcastle to see my parents for a bit. If we can persuade them to babysit, we might try to get to The Cluny for sausages and cider.

Today is the long anticipated BBQ & Beers afternoon/evening for a mate’s birthday. He lives in Thames Ditton. There’s a strike. The station is closed, there are no trains. FFS.

used to think scrambled eggs were only for when you fucked up an omelette but think i’m changing my mind

I’m being rained on and I LOVE IT

2 Likes

Alright Shirley Manson of Garbage…

1 Like

I’m still in bed even though I was supposed to leave for a spin class about 15 mins ago. Oh well.

Gonna pop down the gym in a bit. I’m bloody hungry today!

The wind blew all the windows shut

Love that place.

3 Likes