Saturday

yeah I felt uncomfortable throughout, just felt edgy for the sake of it to me.

1 Like

i like it as something to have on in the background, but would never want to sit there and actively watch it for 2 hours. unless i was actually in america, reckon i’d go to a game at least once to see what it’s like.

Martyrs?

yeah, the one where they torture a young woman for ages to make her closer to god or something?

Oh definitely this. I’d view it as a 3hr piss up or something and i’d love to see it live. I’ve had it on the tablet whilst semi watching a film.

But as an actual sport, is terrible. No skill, very limited tactics.

1 Like

Totally this. I had such a vivid nightmare after watching Donnie Darko (which isn’t even horror) that I was convinced I was being electrocuted and that Mrs CCB (who was grabbing my arm IRL to wake me up) was being electrocuted too. Nearly dislocated my shoulder trying to wrestle myself free.

Mind you, I remember having a vivid nightmare as a child where Yoda’s head was floating in a fish tank in the garden centre near my Nan’s house.

I have not seen it! But yes, sounds pretty horrific to me.

I’m the same as @whiterussian I’m not a fan of those kinds of gorno films… 70s/80s/and a massively guilty pleasure of 90s horror flicks for me :smiley:

1 Like

I got into it a bit when I was at Uni. It used to be on Channel 5 all the time in the early hours of the morning. I’d just have it on in the background while I was Studying*. There’s a lot of strategy involved, and I loved all the metrics.

It’s a really weird game, with a lot of history and a lot of quirks.

*playing FM and Rollercoaster Tycoon mostly.

Haha, I’m not that much of a wuss :wink:. I don’t mind scary stuff, but not a fan of anything involving torture.

American sport is very much just snacks or adverts with some running around in between.

I remember watching the Yankees in New York and having a weird three-way conversation with a South African and a guy from the West Indies about how cricket was so much better.

1 Like

I like American Football, and appreciate basketball as a sport, but baseball takes the piss, frankly.

That conversation sounds brilliant.

1 Like

don’t think I’ve watched a film at all for over a year. Kinda miss it

Oi! That Yoda dream was properly traumatising. Put me off Star Wars for years!

1 Like

Yeah, the other two are definitely better sports.

1 Like

have a terrible urge to draw this in paint now :frowning:

1 Like

1/2 hr into The Babadook (1st time) and shitting it tbh. Am I gonna make it through this?

Go ahead but consider this thread muted

hah, I’m not going to don’t worry

Whaaaat? Ruddy love horror. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my all time fave but also have a soft spot for zombie and teen slasher films. Like a good bit of psychological horror too to really make me not sleep for days.

1 Like

Might I recommend the ring (the original one)?

Still shits me right up. Absolutely mega performances in it.

1 Like