Saturday

Yeah, I know what it is more or less. My gf says they have a machine that they can put my glasses into that’ll tell them my prescription, but I think she might be winding me up so I look like an idiot when I mention this imaginary machine to them, as revenge for the time I spent several months systematically mispronouncing “Chipotle” so she’d look stupid when asking for it in a shop.

(worth it, btw)

5 Likes

He is indeed. Did the Leeds one for my last birthday. Some of the best food I’ve eaten. A couple of swings and misses but the high-points were very high.

:pray:

1 Like

I got a couple of glaring looks in there today. Quietly seething

Where did you last have your eye test done? They should have it stored in their system?

Morning team. Bit of a very selfish whinge here, finding it really exhausting looking after the wife-o and the house and working full time and everything else, really hope she’s on the mend soon.

Thank god it’s finally the weekend eh. Got a load of chores so will try and fit some football around them. Cooking moqueca later though :yum:

Boots. Can I just go in and ask them, then fuck off to somewhere cheaper? Feels a bit cheeky.

Sounds tiring. Moan away!

1 Like

Thanks man, bit off though I guess but we’re quite used to having a bit of space and time apart over the course of a week. That’s now gone and I’m getting a bit chippy which is a dickhead move. I just want to play some vidya games and read a book for a bit :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah that space is vital innit. Think being a bit chippy is totally normal in the situation. Doesn’t make it any more fun of course.

1 Like

Guys, bam’s album is up on spotify if you need the perfect weekend morning soundtrack of warm analogue tones.

3 Likes

Thanks man, this is the affirmation I needed that I’m not actually being a bit (anymore) of a twat.

1 Like

Since when have you worried about that?

how very dare you

Yeah you totally can

1 Like

Yeah, they have to give you a copy of your prescription if you ask for it I think.

Your gf isn’t lying about the machine which checks the prescription from your glasses, btw, unless the optician was taking the piss last time I went (not unimaginable I suppose).

2 Likes

If you want to switch I will buy you a Bill & Ted ticket.

1 Like

Waiting for the washing to finish then going to go into town and get a few things and swing by the new Japanese art exhibition at the National Museum. Might catch a bit of Belgium v Tunisia in the pub after that I think.

Morning all. I’m meeting a pal in a bit and we’re going to raid the charity shops of various suburbs. Last time we did this I got my favourite work skirt so expectations are high!

Manchester people: how warm is it outside? Jeans or shorts/dress weather?

1 Like

Trying to do an application for a promotion (again) but because yesterday was an awful day and I’m super stressed about Monday it isn’t going well.

I could just resubmit the application from last time but that round was ringfenced to internal candidates only (basically a fiddle to get us into better paying and permanent contracts, so good thing I fucked it up so badly :+1:) and this one is external as well, so that probably won’t fly. Stupid potentially higher standards!

Watched a good Brooklyn 99 earlier, though. The corgi was wearing shorts and standing on a surfboard.

1 Like