SaturMay.

SaturMeh

Morning all!

Wor Lass has already left to meet her friends for breakfast in Edinburgh so I’m Lead Parent until tomorrow afternoon.

I had some food and drinks with colleagues last night I’m a touch on the hungover side but nothing serious. I didn’t technically get a lie in @Malva but The Child was kind enough to sleep until 7.30.

We’re probably taking The Child’s annoying friend to drama this morning and then attending her birthday party afterwards. If I’m honest, I’m a bit miffed for a number of reasons but mainly because I’m having to miss my writing class to facilitate all of it. After that I’ve promised a quiet afternoon of tablet videos and a film.

I might get a chance to do some Dissonance at some point.

Happy Saturday everyone!

4 Likes

Going into that London for FiL’s 60th bash. Some of my fam are heading in, booked a hotel, should be nice. Been an absolute shitter of a month work wise but it’s come to an ok conclusion so looking forward to not feeling utterly wound up and being with my guys.

Nice weather, might see if we can take the kids somewhere that isn’t 100% jubbly before the festivities

Done

1 Like

Morning

Legs are absolutely fucked from running up and down stairs moving shit around all day yesterday.

Jobs for today - tidy/mow the bit of grass that’s kind of a front lawn; pressure wash the patio and decking; maybe go and get some stuff to paint/treat the decking. Anything else that means I can avoid doing decorating inside the house.

Tired. Got woken up at 1 by my daughter crying pretty upset. Go to put her back to bed and give her a hug and notice her hair is wet. Turn the light on to discover she’d vommed, quite badly, on her bed, getting it all in her hair. Has to do an emergency bath, fully change the bed including finding the spare single duvet.

No plans today. Wish I had the cash for wide awake.

Got a day party today for a friends birthday. Need to do a run and get my nails done before then.

Normally I would lay in bed til 12 on a Saturday but I will get up.

I’m in bed, but I’m not 100% on how we as a community define a ‘lie-in’. Not trying to be controversial, but have we got it written down somewhere?

Was past 12 when i went to bed, then got up at 330 to let the dog out so that he wouldn’t shit all over the kitchen as he’s eaten something that disagreed with him

Didn’t get back to sleep till 6, and been drifting since then. Doesn’t feel like a lie in, more a recuperation of what was previously lost. Hence needing clarity on whether this is a lie in!

Currently listening to Sam Fender and thinking about what 3 11 y olds are going to want for breakfast.

i can’t wake up (save mehhhhh) but started to think about coffee so that’ll change soon. going out to a gig tonight but not got much else on today. probably need to clean and tidy. swear i only just did this. got muesli and a banana for breakfast like some sort of health sicko.

1 Like

Hmm

So the TV had a sex dream last night about the same neighbour I had a sex dream about the night before last

Hmmm

1 Like

Is that the sound of 1970s wah wah guitar soundtracking things, or is it just in my head?

9 Likes

Who ARE you?!

2 Likes

Yeah it’s rough. It’s been 3 in a row now so my patience is long gone.

Hello

Going to Parkrun, viewing an apartment at lunchtime, then meeting my sister for pints in the early afternoon, meeting pals for pints later on (in L. Mulligan Grocer no less) then decamping to a gaff for the Champos final later. A lot of pints will be drank.

Morning :slight_smile:
Milk is a bit on the turn so this coffee tastes pretty not great.
Woke up feeling pretty sad for some reason, so my neighbours are being treated to me listening to Midwestern emo and occasionally crying, feel like a teenager ffs.
Got to go to some sort of… festival for children today? Really really mega cba.
CL final later though and I will drink perhaps all of the beer, depending where we go.
That’s it, that’s the post.

1 Like

Do you have blackout curtains in the little one’s room?

Want to lie in but need to accept the fact that within the next hour I’ll have to get up and go out to buy toilet paper otherwise it’ll be SaturMessy around here. Going to Dartmoor this afternoon to see what’s going on around there these days and then out for dinner.

2 Likes

Yep

The £5 tickets offer might still be available, happy to get you one if so/you’re able to go?

It’s the travel/food/drink that I can’t afford :disappointed::upside_down_face: