'Say Hello, Wave Goodbye' by Soft Cell is the greatest popular music song of all time

12" version obviously.

Not sure I could even be pals with someone who didn’t love that track.

The all-time banger-est banger.

I’ll allow anyone who says it’s second only to ‘I Feel Love’ by Donna Summer to stay.

9 Likes

I reckon it’s top 3 with Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow and Uptown Top Ranking.

2 Likes

Fucking hell, Marty. Good shout.

1 Like

all of these are very very good songs

4 Likes

What’s up(town top ranking)?

Tell you what’s a fucking banger as well - The Boy Is Mine by Brandy and Monica.

8 Likes

The Shoop Shoop Song by Cher.

2 Likes

Got given some tix to see jools Holland a few Xmas ago. Marc almond was the singer and he did this. Such a song.

1 Like

Reckon this was an early contender for best single ever too, two minutes of pure bliss

4 Likes

it’s brilliant, but it has been immediately gazumped by uptown top ranking

love the scene in Master of None with Say Hello Wave Goodbye featured, real good stuff

2 Likes

here’s a banger

the way it builds in to the chorus is just so joyous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Here’s me listening to this jam for the first time. Two mins in and nowts happened so far. Get on with it!

Best scene in the whole thing.

It’s a great tune. My top three also include How will I know by Whitney Houston and Jump in the Line.

2 Likes

This is a great answer Slicko.

2 Likes

I think ‘Lifetime’ by ‘Romy’ might be the best ever

1 Like

Haven’t heard it yet.

it’s feelgood 'as fuck;

1 Like

Not an all-time banger but it’s my thread so fuck you. Quite often when I’m pissed I put this on:

1 Like

Not even sorry…