Say you go to an Indian restaurant and you want a non-nan flatbread. What're you getting?

• Roti
  • Chapatti
  • Paratha
  • Kulcha
  • Other
  • Not on Breadbook mate
  • Not on GoingToIndianRestaurantsBooks mate.

0 voters

Hey just realised that the word loaf comes from leavened which comes from the French word for yeast, levain.

Bread etymology chat

4 Likes

Cob

depends on the meal, obviously

4 Likes

Chicken Maryland & chips

Different flatbreads for different needs

3 Likes

Parathas can be too hit and miss for my liking. Enjoy a puri / fried chapatti when it’s done well.

1 Like

this would never happen

i will never not want a naan

3 Likes

bhatoora maybe

or one of the others, gotta be open to anything

They should open an Indian restaurant in the largest town in Warwickshire and call it Naaneaten.

7 Likes

Never heard of these. Up for giving them a go.

1 Like

Sometimes I like to just order a naan and a tub of a curry sauce and forget about the rest.

2 Likes

Would never have thought Nuneaton would be bigger than Leamington or Rugby.

Like a roti from time to time as a change. Very hard not to go for a naan though.

1 Like

I’ll tell you what - when it comes to making flatbread chapati has to be the best bread out there in the effort/reward stakes. So easy, so tasty.

Southall
Batura and sheikh kebab plate from pretty much anywhere off the main high street

Chef kisses fingers

1 Like

Lots of Ghurka/Nepalese curry houses in Nuneaton and that part of the world. Had a banging Hiriyali (sp? the one with mint in it) the other day.

Do enjoy a sheikh kebab wrapped in a roti. Nearly ended myself when Mirch Masala in Tooting appeared on Deliveroo. :tired_face:

Outstanding fact :+1:

We used to get taken up to Brilliant in Southall by a mate’s dad for a free curry. Mind opening to what actual Indian food was.

1 Like

Your choice from the bread bar: