Scarred for Life: Hauntology, old British television and slightly disconcerting folklore

Over 10 pieces!

Once went on a few dates with someone who told me they used to have these as a kid and developed long running story lines for them with distinct classes for each of the animals (rabbits were posh, moles were working class etc).

3 Likes

still got their number?

1 Like

Don’t think the animals had phones

1 Like

There is (was?) a dedicated shop for them in Finsbury Park.
ShopFreyaRalph_nw2_6

2 Likes

oh wow, how did i not know this?

1 Like

Found out about an early 80s camcorder that recorded onto cassette tapes. Makes these ultra-grainy lo-fi films that look like the cursed VHS tape from the Ring.

5 Likes

In the 90s, there was even a full movie filmed in this and you could pay money to go and see it in the cinema and everything. Can’t find a trailer or clips online because the title just brings up the song but maybe you’ll have better luck.

3 Likes

My daughter loves Sylvanian Families so I wanted to take her there but at the same time my wallet threatened to jump up from my pocket and throttle me so I wisely never told her.

2 Likes

Wow, love this, want one

1 Like

Cost quite a bit these days by the look of things

3 Likes

Nadja is by the same director and uses a similar technique in the film I think

1 Like

Hey hauntology fans. Started a thread on the music board in case of interest

1 Like

Paper Mask Making by Michael Grater is a really cool book, published 1967 (I think), I’d like to make some of these

14 Likes

Some superb album covers there

7 Likes

The photography is really good at showing the masks off, love how 3D and dynamic the masks are, particularly the birds. Good book.

These look like every costume for every primary school play ever. Fantastic stuff.

I’m going camping this weekend and I’m going to haunt the fuck out of it all.

2 Likes

Camping

• Lil bit hauntological

0 voters