Scenes from films that should be cut

Here’s this:

Any more? Would love to get rid of the last scene of the Shawshank Redemption personally and have it end with Morgan Freeman on the bus.

5 Likes

The bit with the boats in that Batman film.

3 Likes

Ja Ja Binks

Sex scene in Watchmen

1 Like

Silly milkshake nonsense in There Will be Blood

The final scene of Source Code

2 Likes

The Jabba The Hut/Han Solo scene inserted by Lucas in the original 'Star Wars…terrible.

2 Likes

The ‘You’ve Lost That Lovin Feelin’ bar scene in ‘Top Gun’…so cringeworthy i cannot watch it.

Very good shout.

1 Like

Cut out all the bits with Long Duk Dong from Sixteen Candles and the bit where two guys discuss ‘violating’ a girl passed out on a bed and you’ll have a terrible film that is slightly less terrible than before.

4 Likes

First one that jumped to mind is Quentin Tarantino turning up as an Australian for no reason in one of his films. Django Unchained?

3 Likes

I very much like A Few Good Men but the bit that always grates with me is when Cruise says: “… and you’re under arrest, you sonofabitch!”.

Unnecessary.

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

That scene in Top Gun 2 where Cruise just waffles on about motion smoothing.

4 Likes

Long Duk Dong is one of the most annoying characters in cinema history…in addition to being a racist stereotype of course.

Alan’s bad dream

It’s the best part!

2 Likes

Actually that is true

2 Likes

Return of the king when all the hobbits there are all jumping around on the bed at the end and looking they are moments away from fucking each other. Either give us the orgy or give us nothing Jackson you tease.

12 Likes