Schitts Creek deserves its own thread (which may contain spoilers)

I’ve got to the end of Season Six and I’m kind of bereft now! (I also watched the Best Regards… documentary which made it even worse).

Lovely, lovely programme. I’m sure you will be able to express it a bit more eloquently than me.

2 Likes

Dayvaid!

2 Likes

Thought it so bland for the first series, but finally rewatched it and pushed through, recently. Watched S2E12 to S3E11 in one day a week ago.

1 Like

Definitely takes a while to get going! Worth persevering with.

I’ve taken to walking into the room, on occasion, like Bob from the garage

8 Likes

Ew!

2 Likes

Aw it’s great! The kind of thing that seems total shit when you start watching it, and before you know it have totally fallen in love with all the characters. Just a lovely show, has a lot of heart to it! :+1::grinning::+1:
Recommended to anyone needed a bit of just nice tv

2 Likes

Is it me or can no-one else post gifs?

1 Like

I think I’d watched Bojack and then The Thick Of It beforehand… Both of which are excellent but - sometimes you just need a show that’s a bit gentle and very funny and where there’s a happy ending

1 Like

Finished the first 4 seasons and really enjoyed them.
Having to give it a break for a while before I watch the next season though

I don’t upload them as GIFs. I post the link to the image on the webpage. (Find a gif, open image in new tab, copy image address)

I love Bojack but haven’t been able to bring myself to watching the latest season yet - the year has been traumatic enough as it is!

1 Like

Oh god, me too :smiley:

Nope

I think it wasn’t quite sure what kind of shoe it wanted to be in the first series - it was more Arrested Development - lite kind of ‘laugh at these ridiculous people’. Think they realised that didn’t really work and went in the softer, wholesome kind of direction which suited the show a lot more.

1 Like

I remember you going on about how good this was at least 2 or 3 years ago

Ahead of the curve!

2 Likes

Kept telling people here to watch it back in 2018-19 and no one listened :pensive:

1 Like
Main character
  • Moira
  • Johnny
  • David
  • Alexis

0 voters

I didn’t care for it until around midway through season 3. Then it became sweeter and more enjoyable.

That said, I finished it a month ago and I can’t really remember much of it. It felt really forgettable and temporary to me. The only scenes I can clearly recall are Moira as a crow and the boyfriend (can’t remember his name) serenading Dan Levy (can’t remember his character’s name) with Simply The Best. Oh, and Ted getting his junk out on the rabbit livestream

2 Likes

Great show. It’s a testament to how good the show is that it overcame that bad title.
Think I said something similar in another thread a little while back, but they should have called it The Lovely Nice Friends and Family Members Who Happen to Live or Work in a Motel in a Small Town and Have a Nice and Lovely Time Most of the Time Etc

wileycat always knows what’s what

1 Like

This single choice poll is cruel!

1 Like