Shine on me”

Me: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :grimacing:

1 Like

Cross Over the Road (my friend)

• Banger
  • Shite
  • Idk

0 voters

For my last year of primary, we used to have this as entrance music to school assemblies

• Same
  • No

0 voters

All things shite and bangerful

I might have mentioned this before but in years 7-9 we had assemblies in the morning and the school orchestra used to play us in and out of the hall with the theme tune from The Sweeney. Which at that point hadnt been on tv for idk 20 years?

Me and my mate used to be just confounded by it, like, is this happening? Is this happening again? The sweeney??? Everyone else ignored it.

4 Likes

Was this an Oasis song?

We had one that went…

Keep the countryside tidy
Keep the countryside clean
The air should be fresh and the grass should be green
So don’t dump your rubbish
You know what I mean
Keep the countryside tidy
Keep the countryside clean

• Me too. Banger
  • Me too. Shite
  • Idk

0 voters

Calon Lan

• Banger
  • Shite
  • Can’t remember/didn’t have it

0 voters

Graham Kendrick came to our church once.

LOL

However, Damian Thompson, editor-in-chief of the Catholic Herald , called “Shine, Jesus, Shine” “the most loathed of all happy-clappy hymns”

Cauliflowers fluffy

• Banger
  • Shite
  • Didn’t have it
  • Broad beans are sleeping in a blankety bed

0 voters

I did go to christian/church related primary schools, but its fucking weird looking back how deeply christian it all was.

Remember we had a priest come in to do a sermon (the school had its own altar in the corner of the hall that they used to roll out for these occasions) and he did this lecture about faith, and then gestured to some candles behind him that hadn’t been lit before he started but were now ‘miraculously’ lit.

1 Like

that is tremendous!

In my head I’ve just sung this in the style of Liam Gallagher (mostly because of the you know what I mean line)
Bit of a banger tbf

1 Like

Bread Of Heaven

• Banger
  • Shite

0 voters

On rainy days if we had to stay in the hall at lunch the dinner ladies would sit us in a circle and then they’d walk around us like chickens singing this, which I’ve never ever seen anyone on the entire Internet reference…

I’m a one legged chicken with a wobbly head
Got no money and my mama’s dead
So I walk with a wiggle and a wobble and a squawk
Doing the Texas
Bim bam boo

• Absolutely normal and what a banger
  • Somehow shite
  • Idk

0 voters

Sounds like a gitmo torture

1 Like

This anecdote changed my experience of having to listen to Wonderwall into a positive one

1 Like

You know you’ve got a dedicated constituency here who are going to hit Banger for any Welsh songs, so if I miss any polls just assume you can add me to the banger section

1 Like

Everybody’s Building

• Banger
  • Shite

0 voters

Ha, this poll is anonymous whoops