School trips

Where did you go on school trips?

Talk about it in this thread.

Hornsea

Someone put a dead crab under a radiator
Stunk

3 Likes

Parcel force depot

Who here had the displeasure of smelling Eden Camp?

• Yes I did
  • No

0 voters

Bible World in Edinburgh

4 Likes

Primary school:
Babbacombe Model Village
Morwellham Quay
Pennywell Farm
National Shire Horse Centre
Dartmoor for a week

Secondary School:
Buckland Abbey
Buckfast Abbey
Exeter Cathedral
Manchester for ‘activities week’
France for ‘activities week’
Barcelona
Los Angeles

3 Likes

Bloody hell.

8 Likes

Castles usually. Worksheet, packed lunch, then a run around in the grounds afterwards. Marvellous

Barcelona was as a year 12 helper for activities week. Basically a week in July was set aside for organised trips, some were one day things but others were week-long holidays, it was paid for by parents.
LA was an a-level media studies trip that we partly funded ourselves.

Once went “bog hopping”

Wow. I don’t think our high school had any trips outside of Europe. I think I remember some kids going to France to ski but that’s it. The school used to do camping every year but first year we would have had the chance it was cancelled cause of foot and mouth disease. Then it started back up and our kindof “sister school” went and awfully, a kid died so they cancelled again.

Hadrian’s wall.

It was closed. How is that even possible? Suspect the teacher just couldn’t be bothered.

Blows my mind reading about school trips to South America or wherever.

3 Likes

All of these and Cotehele, Lydford Gorge, Calstock and that weird Tudor house on the Barbican.

1 Like

I remember just having my tonsils out and being too sick to go back to school but making a sudden quick recovery just in time to go on a trip to York Jorvik Viking center

1 Like

St fagans
Big pit
Roath park (??)
Rhondda heritage museum
St fagans again
Polystyrene factory (!!!)
Another plod round st fagans

Oh yeah llancaiach fawr too, we terrified all the larpers there

1 Like

Wtf
i’ll have to update my welsh diser spreadsheet

3 Likes

st fagans had good swings in sometimes

1 Like

The one that really sticks in my mind was a trip to the John Bull Rock factory near Bridlington where they make sticks of rock.

Went to Beamish a few times.

Clarke Hall
Ampleforth
London
Beamish
Dieppe
Lourdes

Remember one day in primary school we went to the teacher’'s husband’s allotment

5 Likes