Schooldays - Polls

Hated school music - we had to do a singing assessment where we sang in front of the whole class and got marked on it. Awful awful thing to do. I got a C when I did it by myself but one time did a version of Hakuna Matata with the lads and got full marks for ‘leading the group with energy and enthusiasm’ in the role of Pumba.

What I did enjoy was spending a year’s worth of lunchtimes in the Music Technology room, composing pieces on Sibelius. Fucking LOVED Sibelius. Shame it’s so expensive or I’d buy it now.

1 Like

Exclusion?

(public poll)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Sub-thread: funniest moment of school?

For me it’s got to be the time that Ross got sent to the headmaster for “deliberately farting” during some guided meditation nonsense in a chapel for RE. Perfect timing - waited for a nice quiet pause and gave it both barrels.

I’m sniggering like Muttley at my desk remembering it now.

3 Likes

6 Likes
2 Likes

Got peanuted so bad once I had to cut my tie off

4 Likes

Music in my school wasn’t too bad. I think the head of music was a trouble maker who also knew how to get the most cash for his department. There were 5 little music rooms where you could practice and me and my friends would go there in free periods and play half hour noisey messes and the guitar virtuosos would walk past and laugh. Only problem was the entire building smelled really strongly of wee and it never got fixed.

I went to an incredibly tory school, it was shit

5 Likes

neither. the chip shop.

3 Likes

would like to clarify it wasn’t for anything truly awful.

As I remember it some people in PE were winding me up and I snapped and smashed one of the school badminton rackets and told the teacher to fuck off.

2 weeks exclusion, was really boring

1 Like

It blew our minds when one of our friends who was good at piano would play 9pm till I come using the little pitch shifting wheel on the side of they keyboard to make it wobbly.

2 Likes

mixture of lift (my mum worked at the school) / walk / bus when i was eligible

Best time I skived off PE - had tickets to see the Manics at Wembley on a Friday. Was meant to do swimming on the Friday afternoon. Obvs didn’t want to go to the gig all chloriney, so I got my mum to sign a bit of paper, got a mate with a scanner to scan the signature, and dropped it into the bottom of a typed letter. Boom, no PE for me :sunglasses:

Letter home from the head was probably the worst individual punishment.

They had a hellish thing at my school where they’d put you on report and it meant you had to go and get a thing signed by a teacher every ten mins during lunch and break time. Was well out of order, I just got sweet talked a kind teacher into signing them all in one go for me though.

I’m sorry you had to meet tories :frowning:

Get your head bag locked by someone else with a head bag/ head bag key

• Yes
  • No
  • What?

0 voters

Blazer? Fucking hell what kind of schools were you all going to

5 Likes

geez that’s well GDR

2 Likes

Every day for like 7 years :rofl:

Someone tied a rape alarm to a helium balloon and let go of it in the really high ceilinged main hall and they had to cancel a load of mock exams because nobody could get it down and there were no other big enough rooms available. Think it was his grans 70th birthday balloon from the weekend before

13 Likes