Schooldays - Polls

Mondays were always for driving into town, calling into the record shops to see what new releases there were, before doing a drive by at Maccy Ds making sure lot ask for lots of random sauceage and racing back to school with numerous holy god moments.

1 Like

Other - sit in the park smoking AND drinking :+1:

A-Levels, if you did them

• Stayed on at the same school
  • Went to a different school
  • Sixth form college

0 voters

There was an illegal poker school in the common room for lower 6th that the prohi feds kept trying to shut down, life always found a way though.

Depends on what people mean. It might be easy to pass everything without doing much work but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s not easy to get straight A*s in everything.

I think A-Levels suit people who are really good at a some subjects rather than people who are broadly good at everything. Some people at my school who were not particularly high achievers really thrived in A-Level because they picked subjects which were right for them, I guess because they knew what they were good at, because they knew what they were bad atā€¦

I preferred the variety of subjects at GCSE, I actually liked every subject I did. Then made some absolutely terrible choices at A-Level and had to do a shitload of resits before I got to uni. Basically had a ā€˜gap yahā€™ which was devoted to resits, it was ridiculous and I felt like an idiot but I did well in the end so I donā€™t care.

I found A-Levels harder than uni tbh.

1 Like

school is so weird, I was good at most lessons except P.E and got good grades, canā€™t believe I turned out to be the most useless member of society possible.

personally could have done with more people telling me I would never amount to anything at an earlier age

Other: went to uni instead of sixth form

Thought I hated it, but was actually mostly fun until the last year when I suddenly started hating everything and feeling really isolated (no idea why, on reflection, but I was spending my lunchtimes hiding in the toilets etc). Generally slacked in everything until year 10 when I had a fantastic and infectiously passionate English Literature teacher, who got me really into that, which was nice.

School didnā€™t do A-Levels so went to a college which was about 90 minutes away on the bus. Quite liked the travelling and the feeling of freedom; didnā€™t talk to anyone and just sat in the library all day, really, but thatā€™s weirdly the time I think back to most fondly.

5 Likes

card games mainly. occasionally went for a drive. sometimes went to bookers to stock the tuck shop. went to the pub a bit too.

1 Like

Graveyard ket

5 Likes

Literally used to bunk off and go to the market every Friday when we had PE. My school had a swimming pool (Tory) and my friends and I said we had our periods every week so we didnā€™t have to get in the pool.

My dad is a postman and caught me bunking one day. My mum told the school! I didnā€™t stop bunking off though.

Carrying your rucksack

• Double strap wanker
  • Inevitable future back pain

0 voters

Always had those cross-body bags

1 Like

I didnā€™t have any lessons on a Friday afternoon in year thirteen. I used to walk home at lunchtime via a corner shop where I would buy two chow mein flavour pot noodles and get home just in time for the episode of Columbo that showed on BBC every Friday afternoon. I was so happy.

5 Likes

Somehow only ever had one detention but only ever did my homework about 4 times in the entire 5 years, but the worst punishment was not being allowed in maths class and having to stand in the middle of the courtyard on my own, surrounded by all the classrooms in the school. Had to do it twice and it still winds me up. I was asked a question and I said ā€œbecauseā€¦[thinking]ā€ and she was like GET OUT OF MY CLASS! I was just trying to think of the bloody answer, douchebag. Pretty much heralded me giving up on school at that point so thanks a lot Mrs Calderbank.

1 Like

Didnā€™t put science because I preferred English and languages but this is strong reasoning. Also, when the chemistry teacher dropped magnesium into water.

2 Likes

I misvoted here as I thought it was about sleeping in bunk beds.