Sciatica

What’s it all aboutica?

Fool-proof way of getting rid of quickly please, as the number 1 living Briton I shouldn’t have to deal with this nonsense.

• I sciatican (I get it)
  • I sciatican’t (not on shit back book m8)

0 voters

All ailments should have their own thread BTW, we’re middle aged now. I’ll do the asthma one

5 Likes

Keep thinking of starting one for IBS/similar support one but don’t know of people would find it tmi

2 Likes

sounds like a pendulum song, good luck

1 Like

Don’t know much about sciatica but I do know that there is a world of difference between how my back and and core feels when I’ve been doing weights and when I’m not. Feel like strength training (once the gyms are open) will be really important for me not feeling broken all the time as I get older.

1 Like

If you feel like it’d help, do it. Knowing others go through the same stuff helps I find.

4 Likes

They don’t have to read it if they don’t want. I say go for it.

8 Likes

Yeah same, I’m trying to strengthen my core for this reason. It’s boring though and I end up going to KFC instead.

Kind of mildly had this, let was in a lot of pain. When to a physio who said I was sat at my desk terribly and I do try and sit better now but what helped me was doing yoga. Adriene has one on YT, mine’s pretty much gone now. Good luck.

2 Likes

Ta. I should give yoga a proper try actually. My posture is appalling so that’s probably to blame.

1 Like

I have a bad back but I don’t know if that’s sciatica?

Not sure if @jordan_229 suffers from it or simply has an amazing Instagram pun name.

Edit: Wikipedia says it’s about lower back into legs pains so I don’t have that I think.

1 Like

My favourite Primal Scream album

4 Likes

Have had two bouts of Sciatica, set off by an old football injury. Worse pain ever. Had to have 3 weeks off work with the first bout. Just keep that nerve active so it doesn’t set. Walking helps a lot.

2 Likes

Yoga helped but I also have scoliosis and trauma right in the lower curve. Really sucks and pisses me off

Gabapentin was great for nerve pain. Pity about the high level of irritability it caused!

1 Like

Nerve pain is distinctive.

I’m echoing what laelfy and bluto have said. I’m a tall man with a long body (30% navel) and get a lot of problems with lower back pain.

Long walks and yoga help a lot, Yoga with Adrienne on YT is great.
This disturbingly muscular man has a video on getting a ‘Flat stomach’, the advertising of the video aren’t great but he goes through through some pelvic floor exercises which have been helpful for me.

‘you’ve got to try and drink a milkshake through your ass’

1 Like

Disclaimer that I don’t regularly suffer from nerve pain and I think/hope that the exercises in that video can be more helpful than the awful image fronting it is.

Yoga/pilates, and one of these has recently changed my life

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supportec-Acupressure-Massage-Mat-Colours/dp/B01KO9DYKO

1 Like

I must be doing this forum wrong.

1 Like

@moderators could your spoiler that thumbnail? I regret posting it, it’s not body positive. x

1 Like