Scottish Football 2018/19 (Rolling)

Good result lads :+1:

Was crapping myself for most of the second half even though hearts never really got going.

Nice to be top even if it is for a short while. It’s been too long

Worrying scenes with Gary Mackay-Steven, seemed like he was unconscious before he hit the ground.

Not really happy about Boyata playing on after a clash of heads, good pass from him to set up the goal though. The Aberdeen fans seem to be booing him, which seems a bit unnecessary.

Well that wasn’t a classic. Seventh domestic trophy in a row though (not happened since Smith’s Rangers team in the mid 90s).

:trophy:

It wasn’t a great game, but i rather enjoyed it! Not a lot of quality, but both teams were totally committed. Most of Celtic’s big-hitters had an off day, but deserved the win none the less. I’m glad Sinclair missed the penalty because that was a ridiculous decision by the ref.

Celtic getting a dodgy penalty decision at Hampden?!?! Who’d have thought it.
:pound::pound::pound:

aye the dallas family are notoriously pro-celtic

So we’re just over a third of the way through the season. How do you think your team are doing?

Motherwell - well below where we have been over the past decade or so, but probably in a realistic league position. Disappointed that our main striker Curtis Main hasn’t kicked on from the last 4 months of last season, the way that Louis Moult did when he signed for us. However we made a huge profit last season from our non-Celtic cup dominance and the money we recouped from Moult and Kipre, so the club is in a reasonable financial state which bodes well for the future.

As far as some of the other teams go (IMO) -
Celtic - slow start but now seem to be kicking into gear which looks ominous for the rest. Disappointing Champs League but will prob get through the group stages in Euro.
Rangers - Thought Gerard was a huge risk, but it seems that I’m wrong as usual. Rangers fans must be very happy with their league positon and Euro run.
Killie - I’d love to be a Killie fan for the past 12 months. Clarke’s done a fantastic job!
Aberdeen - Haven’t really kicked on from the progress that they have made over the past 3 seasons.
Hibs/Hearts - started brilliantly…now bleaugh

Others…

Pretty much agree with what you’ve said about Celtic - started poorly, combined with not making the champions league and a frustrating end to the transfer window, but back on track now.

This is a big month for us, obviously just won the league cup yesterday, and if we can perform well in the league and get at least a point against Salzburg then we’re heading into the winter break in a really strong position. It looks like the league will be competitive at the top, so league form has to be the focus. Our cup luck has to run out at some stage, so another Scottish Cup is a big ask I think (although a treble treble would be a nice achievement). If we do get out of this Europa League group then I think it’ll be a case of taking each tie as it comes - it’s hard to see us going far, but it’s a weird competition.

Motherwell at Fir Park on Wednesday! Doesn’t get much bigger than that!

A treble treble would be an incredible achievement.

Full premiership in action tonight:

Motherwell vs Celtic on BT.

Partick - Shite.

Well that’ll be Kilmarnock top of the league

Wow, fair play to them!

Never expected Motherwell to get anything from tonight’s game. Anyone watch the game? Any good?

Saw the 1st half and it was pretty uninspiring. Celtic had a perfectly good goal chopped for fuck all.

Then I put myself through Rangers Aberdeen and we were completely toothless again. Morelos missed a sitter then got himself sent off for being a spanner. I’ve defended him at times but he’s too much of a liability, we should get shot of him but then we’ll score even fewer goals.

Saw the end of it, Celtic were dominating play but not killing the game off. We’ve struggled before when we make a lot of changes.

Morelos is such a twat :rage:

Not finishing many games with 11 men these days, eh?