Scottish Football 2018/19 (Rolling)

Three victories and a draw for the four Scottish teams in Europe this week! Good times.

Celtic 3-1 Rosenborg
NK Osijek 0-1 Rangers
Hibernian 3-2 Asteras Tripolis
Aberdeen 1-1 Burnley

This is all good for the coefficient — if anyone is interested in that there’s a good explanation here:

(it’s a thread, so you’ll have to click through)

Last 16 of the cup’s come around a bit late this season, eh?

yeah, as I said upthread, I don’t even mind the rangers doing well in Europe if it helps the coefficient and less hoops (so to speak) to jump through in the future.

Meanwhile, I am smiling and nodding at the ranger v wigan score, and my bf’s delight at this. They’ve not lost a game yet this season you know! :smiley::smile:

The talk about Ferguson in another thread reminded me of this article i read a while back which some of you might like…

There’s also a good quarterly Scottish periodical…

http://www.nutmegmagazine.co.uk/shop/

Looks like City are signing this lad and loaning him to Celtic…

two season loan aswell, although after the shambles with musonda i’m trying not to get my hopes up

The Musonda loan fee was apparently £4m.

Seems excessive.

given the transfer business we’ve done since Rodgers took over i find it hard to believe we paid anything close to that

Predictions for the forthcoming season???

1. Celtic
  2. Hibernian
  3. Aberdeen
  4. Rangers
  5. Killie
  6. Hearts
  7. Motherwell
  8. St Johnstone
  9. Dundee
  10. Hamilton
  11. St Mirren
  12. Livingston

I don’t see Rangers finishing outside the top 2 again (but then again I wouldn’t have predicted it the last couple of years). I feel like they’ll have to get something right eventually - with all of the new players and manager they’re an unknown quantity right now, we’ll have a better idea after a few months. To be honest, I think 2nd to 5th/6th could be really tight - Aberdeen have been consistently strong for a few years now, but it’s not a stretch to see Rangers, Hibs and Kilmarnock all finishing above them.

I agree with which clubs you’ve put either side of the split, but got no idea what order they’ll end up in. Would like Livingston to stay up though, good to have a relatively fresh face in the league.

Lads, I wished Jim Leighton a happy birthday on LinkedIn. He said thank you.

This could be interesting (maybe):

https://twitter.com/TheTotallyShow/status/1025063836607565826?s=19

(it’s a Scottish football podcast from the totally football show, not sure why the link preview isn’t working)

Bloody looking forward to this game.

Shaleum Logan. Bloody hell, that’s a blast from the past.

Some extra time/penalties tonight would get me right back in that world cup mood. Good game so far, Aberdeen getting better as it goes on.

That’s Hibs through, so we’re 2 for 2 in Scottish clubs going through this week so far. Rangers leading and Aberdeen drawing in the other 2 games.

The Burnley supporters booed their players off at the end of the first half.

Their first competitive home game of the season after their highest finish since 1974. Their first European home game since 1967.

lots of empty blue seats too. weird.