Scottish Football 2018/19 (Rolling)

Real decent chance of this just descending into a big fight.

Great game. Didn’t expect to see ex Torquay United player Ryan Bowman come on for motherwell! He was playing for us in the conference a couple of years ago

YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

Excellent stuff

Craig Levein hospitalised, seems to be okay though:

Current goings on:

• SFA to make a decision between Hampden and Murrayfield (imo neither are ideal, so should just stay at Hampden and try to gradually bring it up to standard)

• Celtic and Rangers have their final Europa League qualifiers tomorrow night

• Transfer deadline is at the end of the week, today’s major rumour is that Dembele is close to a move to France from Celtic

whatever they do they should burn hampden to the ground, fucking hate it when we have to play games at murrayfield too mind you

Where should Scotland Football team play their home matches?

• Hampden
  • Murrayfield
  • Alternate between Ibrox/Parkhead for qualifying matches and some other venues for friendlies

0 voters

If they do go for a non-Hamden option, will that mean the end of Queens Park, or do they have somewhere else they can move to? (presume they can’t afford the upkeep). Seems a shame if that’d be the case, for all that it’s a bit crap now.

I like Hampden, but a bit like Wales with the Millenium, it doesn’t really feel like it does the team much good playing there, probably for different reasons.

Is the argument use the other grounds and sell Hampden off, or use it just for finals and concerts, etc? I’m assuming it’s the latter. National stadiums are a load of shite, but major finals at club grounds do tend to lose a bit of the shine, idk.

they should play at Cathkin Park

Rangers doing their best to make it hard for themselves in Russia - down to 9 men now. Drawing 1-1 though (2-1 ahead on aggregate), so should be able to see out the last 20 minutes without conceding 2.

Two Scottish sides make the European group stage for the first time in a decade, so we can call that progress.

THE COEFFICIENT IS ALIVE BOYS!

Some tough ties for the old firm. I predict that both will progress!

Heard a couple of people describe the SPL as a hipster league of late. Has there been a marked improvement or does it just take a couple of high profile appointments to kickstart public interest?

I’d argue it’s generally been quite a good league for a few years. Hamilton, Dundee United, Motherwell and Aberdeen have at various points been quite good to watch…no?

I dunno about hipster (that’s generally reserved for Partick Thistle) but I think there’s definitely been a stronger conversation between SPL fans in protecting their league and defending it when compared to their much rich neighbours to the south. Attendances have certainly been improving year on year throughout the league for the past few years (probably size Rangers died actually, funnily enough) but yeah I think the quality has improved generally speaking, it’s at it’s most competitive now it’s been in a very long time.

Yeah, it’s been entertaining and exciting for a while now. Dundee Utd are going through a rough spell, but them and Accies in particular were doing well with bringing through young players.

The top 6 is stronger and more competitive than it has been for a long time now (emphasis on 2nd to 6th really, but who knows what will happen this season).

There’s definitely been an uplift in the standard of coverage since BT took some of the games from Sky as well - among everyone I know, they’d rather BT took the whole package. The #narrative stuff is obviously improved by the Rodgers/Gerrard thing, and you might love or loathe Neil Lennon and Craig Levein, but they’re big personalities - that’s something Scottish football has traditionally had, but died away a bit for a while.

Oh my