scottish football 2020/21

Yes this seems a very strange decision and it will not look good.

1 Like

Fair play tho

2 Likes

Soooā€¦theyā€™ll kneel in solidarity with England players but not forā€¦ yā€™know solidarity the rest of the movement.

Shambles.

3 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m with you on this Unlucky. Good that theyā€™re taking the knee at Wembley but just fucking do it all the time! Itā€™s a universal sign of solidarity and this kneeling at one game but standing at others feels like a total cop out to me.

Yeah, just do one or the other, and keep it consistent.

Teams like Motherwell and rangers stood before games towards the end of last season, so itā€™s not a new thing. Think it started after the rangers player was racially abused during the uefa cup.

Wembley is going to be toxic. It wonā€™t happen, but when the boos ring out Iā€™d love to see a player, or a team, or both teams just walk off the pitch.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree to a point - at least theyā€™ve recognised that it would be a shitshow against England so itā€™s a start. Not sure what my feeling is on taking the knee tbh especially given where the conversation is being derailed to now, so I donā€™t think Iā€™m so bothered about consistency.

Right, wasnā€™t aware about domestic teams doing it, fair enough. The shit Kamara had to go through was inexcusable.

wrong thread. itā€™ll do.

Put this in the footie thread but it deserves to go here too.

Brilliant initiative from Motherwell FC

9 Likes

This Leigh Griffiths stuff sounds grim.

Saw him in the pub the other week and he looked in fine fettle. Was with a very nice lady friend too; dislaimer, I donā€™t anything about his relationship status.

Seems like a very troubled guy and is especially disappointing given he seemed to be on the way to resurrecting his career somewhat.

Heā€™s obviously got personal issues but his attitude and fitness are absolutely miles off and heā€™s now just become a total liability.

I hope the club take the chance to punt him for his latest controversy but thatā€™ll obviously depend on if thereā€™s actually been any criminality. Thereā€™s no disputing if the screenshots are real heā€™s been an incredibly stupid/creepy boy at the very least.

Thereā€™s also a myth among our support that his form only really dipped in the last 18 - 24 months but these stats donā€™t lieā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve not actually seen any screenshot.

Just find it so sad how many promising Scottish footballers end up, somehow, pissing away their talent.

Guess itā€™s a larger societal problem probably, I dunno.

There are screenshots doing the rounds of him msging a girl on instagram who is apparently 15.

Grim.

Heā€™s one of those players that loads of Celtic/Scotland fans think just needs one more chance, because heā€™s obviously talented, but when multiple successive managers overlook him for any purpose, there must be an issue there.

Canā€™t think of the last time he played 90 minutes, let alone back-to-back full games, I think even current scandal aside, heā€™s finished at the top level in this country. And yeah, the current stuff is grim and he should be given no leniency on it.

2 Likes

Thought this thread, while a bit long, summed up why lots of Scots find the media coverage unbearable and the whole weā€™re ironically saying itā€™s coming home a bit hard to swallow.

5 Likes

:hushed:

This is the one, though:

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s a proper cup tie.

4 Likes

Aw thatā€™s class, theyā€™ll get pantsed either way but what a great opportunity

1 Like