I use the word scran
  • Yes
  • No, and probably never will
  • No, but I might in future
  • In certain areas / around certain people
  • Occasionally
  • Other

0 voters

Feel free to add other scran related polls, or not, or do other things like go outside.

Why did the Swedish Navy have barcodes on their lunch?

So they can scrandenavian!

6 Likes

I know what it is but don’t like it. Think it’s a horrible sounding word for what it refers to tbh.

2 Likes

But all my scran is in the house with me!

1 Like

That subthread in that other thread kept getting this stuck in my head

2 Likes

Will regularly say “what we doing for scran” or “are we getting scran when we’re out or should i eat first” mainly because i’m scared of losing my mancness

Tarquin said he doesn’t want to go to McDonalds, he’s a bit of a scrannie

Northern word innit. If I used it it would be pretty gross cultural appropriation.

2 Likes

I henceforth give you permission to use the word at your leisure

1 Like

I will occasionally use the word scrantastic for good food.

1 Like

Thanks but I don’t think it suits me.

is it some kind of fried food?

Oooooh too fucking la di da are we.

season 9 wow GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

2 Likes

or maybe it means money, who knows!

Doesn’t sound right with my Devonshire ‘a’ sound being stretched out. I’m a down to earth man of the people, it’s just that those people are mainly farmers.

I insist you say, “i’m going for scraaaaaarn” when you go on your lunch today and feed back the reaction

3 Likes

thought it was Scottish

pretty sure i learned it from Still Game

2 Likes

a) my department is just me so I’d be talking to myself and b) I don’t go anywhere for lunch I eat it sat at the shop desk but I’m going to do this anyway.

Also thought it was Scottish due to the person I first heard using it having lived in Scotland for a while. Turns out scran’s everywhere! It’s all over the place!

Mrs f will use it if she wants to flex her roots a bit. I never use it, preferring the more normal word repast.

3 Likes