Screen time

Just wondering, what’s your screen time on your phone on average every day? I’ve been trying to get mine down as I feel like I just numb myself with it.

• Less than 1 hr
  • 1 hr
  • 2 hrs
  • 3 hrs
  • 4 hrs
  • 5 hrs
  • 6 hrs
  • 7 hrs
  • 8 hrs
  • 9 hrs
  • 10 hrs
  • More than 10 hrs

0 voters

How do you feel about it?

• Very good
  • Good
  • Ok
  • Bad
  • Very bad

0 voters

Dunno. Loads.

Not concerned about it, the whole “looking at screens all day is bad” thing feels like a 1950s moral panic. I’m reading news, I’m posting shit on here, I’m keeping in touch with friends, I’m educating myself about various things etc.

10 Likes

Don’t know, but very bad. 90% of it is here as well ffs.

cant be looking at my phone if im looking at my laptop, tablet, TV, switch etc :eyes:

(of course im usually looking at at least 2 :smiley: )

2 Likes

I think if you’re being intentional about your usage, it’s great.

I’m staring slack jawed at memes and kinetic sand reels on insta.

4 Likes

Average 10 hours average 90 screen unlocks, no wonder my thumbs hurt
(To be fair I do everything on my phone including stuff for work and my PhD but it’s still too damn much)

Don’t have wifi or phone signal in my bit of the brewery so it’s gone down hugely from when I had a job I was constantly trying to skive from. I’m with @Epimer on this one, who cares if I’m looking at my phone a lot, there are a lot worse things I could be doing.

1 Like

I definitely waste a lot of dead time scrolling on Instagram though, I’ve tried to do more mindful things like reading books on my phone instead but then I just end up rereading old books which isn’t really much better

When I’m at work then I don’t look at it from 7 until 7 and then might go an hour or so in the evening for emails and here.

I know in the holidays I do more mindless scrolling as I can feel myself getting tense and reading too much news so I would normally make plans of going out and doing stuff every day to stop myself.
Not so much the screen itself more the content…

think mine is skewed last week from doing a bit of driving and having it open for directions etc

Always feel bad when I waste a lunchtime doing nothing on my phone (as I am now) when I could have read a chapter of a book.

4 Likes

Phone on bus/tube, stare at three screens at work for 10 hours, phone on bus/tube, watch two or three hours of telly, on phone in bed.

Just the 15 hours for me, ta.

3 Likes

The only time I’m not looking at screen is when I’m sleeping or when I’m fucking and, let me tell ya, I ain’t been doing any fucking lately, I’ll tell ya that much :wink:

14 Likes

Mine is awful, very triggering thread tbh

Should turn off the reminder from Apple but always forget

My daily phone time is anywhere between two and four hours. Makes me feel pretty sick tbh, because the vast majority is just completely thoughtless time wasting - scrolling Twitter, Facebook video feeds (ugh) and DiS (hello!).

Keep trying to cut it down and make sure I’m doing something more productive, even if it’s just watching something new on TV or playing a game that I’m actually involved in, but it’s hard to escape just putting on some comfort TV I’ve seen before and doom scrolling.

8 Likes

I went on an 8 day course at the beginning of this month which was strictly no screens/all phones completely off

I can’t remember the last time I went days in a row like that

To be honest, it was pretty liberating and extremely creative and I felt mentally refreshed

But…well, it was a nice place to visit but I wouldn’t want to live there

2hrs 17m so far today, and I didn’t start using my phone until 9ish. Grated I’m on holiday from work an we’re having a lazy day. On a normal day I’m quite a light user during work hours (can’t fill shelves and serve customers on my phone now), but quite a heavy user in the evening, when I’m watching trash TV and chatting to you lot. Not really that bothered about it

1 Like

not sure how it’s calculated, because I have my phone playing music basically all day long - but I’d presume it only counts active screen-on time to avoid this

have got better at not using it while watching films or tv, and I barely use my laptop anymore so this is tracking a lot of YouTube video watching that previously wouldn’t have been registered in this way, but still

not good you little screen addict

Chest checked my stats: 141 unlocks on Saturday!!!