Scuzz thread

Taproot were a strange band. Their guitarist started dressing like he was in The Smiths on the second album. That “Incase of fire BREAK the glass” vocal was hilarious too.

Mortiis anyone?

4 Likes

Saw Kennedy Soundtrack supporting Miocene, aka “the British Tool”, who were actually good but fucked it by taking forever with their proper debut album.

KS were dreadful.

1 Like

Was at both of those. Spineshank was the first time i heard SikTh

2 Likes
1 Like

I saw that lineup at the Apollo in Manchester, great gig.

I bought the Kennedy Soundtrack album, I think on the basis of one of those end-of-aisle CD racks in HMV with the micro reviews on bits of card. It’s still the worst music I’ve ever paid for. I bought Trust Company, Number One Son and Boy Hits Car albums for the same reasons before I learnt my lesson, definitely a low period in my life!

Were Boy Hits Car the only Hippy Nu Metal band? I can’t think of any others. A genre of one.

Was on the front row for that shit, so we could be there for (hed) pe, fear factory and SOAD.

2 Likes

I was there too. Serj came onstage with (hed) pe in an orange hoodie. Great times. SOAD were awesome.

1 Like

Oh yeah, i forgot about them doing Feel Good. Thought Marilyn Manson was incredible that day too. Eminem, not so much.

2 Likes

Incubus?

Gr8 shout

Yes! Same - forgot they were the support. From memory I got elbowed in the face about 10 seconds into Sikth’s first song then retreated to the back for the rest of the evening

I think we’d got there early and grabbed a table right at the front of the balcony. Wasn’t my usual preference for gigs, but can’t knock the view.

Miocene! Fucking hell

Proper songs, proper big haircuts

2 Likes

Just looked them up and it turns out Wayne Static isn’t even in the band anymore?!

Well to be fair, he is dead.

9 Likes

I… did not know that.

:grimacing: