Scuzz thread

This is now a P Rock thread

1 Like

My word, we must’ve been at a lot of the same shows

Bought all the singles and both albums convinced they’d be huge. They had Chester Bennington guest on the 2nd album. It stank

1 Like

Today’s run playlist:

Kittie - Spit
Reuben - Stuck in my throat
Taproot - Poem
Deftones - My own Summer
Mudvayne - Dig
Incubus - A certain shade of green
Funeral for a friend - bullet theory
Hell is for heroes - Night vision

9 Likes

Was watching a mediocre very early 00s slasher film the other night and someone was chased down soundtracked very loudly by Knfe Prty :metal:

A snippet of today’s gym playlist

3 Likes

Trapt!

Atreyu are playing Slam Dunk…might pop and see them

Cant remember if it was scuzz or mtv2 but this was on heavy rotation for a while DragonForce - Operation Ground And Pound [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

Totally forgot about them until today, I remember some street teamer thrusting their album sampler into my hands at a Rock City under-18s night

I used to do street teaming at city. Don’t think I did them though…

But if you ever got a bloc party badge when they played there that would’ve been me!

2 Likes

Yellowcard! The punk band with a violinist. Yessss.

1 Like

Punk as grint

2 Likes

Ha! As a result of this thread I dug out SOAD’s first two albums from my parents’ place (I remember dismissing the second album as not being very heavy or something but it’s actually on a par with the first, just better recorded), and Raging Speedhorn’s S/T! Been listening to it in the car today and feeling slightly ashamed of myself! They’re basically a cut-price Pantera aren’t they?! With some death growls thrown in!

Raging Speedhorn are better than Pantera

2 Likes

Just remembered Chrimera and Stampin(g?) Ground

The face I just made cannot be described! To be honest I haven’t listened to Pantera for ages, and I haven’t listened to any of Ragining Speedhorn’s other albums either - any recommendations?