Sea Power

Easily one of the best live bands I’ve ever seen in nearly 16 years of going to gigs.

Saw them in Wimbledon at intimate show just before Xmas, brilliant! Do think new songs are needed though so good that they’ve some new material to take out on tour. Saw them preview some last summer and sounds really good.

For all the people who say they’ll never better Decline… I’d say yes, it’s a real one-off but I don’t think they’ve made anything terrible since. Just so much better live than on record, I guess you can’t capture their live show on record.

1 Like

I think I prefer Do You Like Rock Music anyway!

1 Like

Hey Carmen, yeah I’ll take the tickets plsss

OK they’re yours! I ordered them off Lunatickets and they emailed me yesterday saying they won’t be sent out until a few weeks before the gig and I’m flying out on the 26th March :confused: If they’ve not been sent out by then I’ll get your address off you and make sure they get delivered directly to you, if that works? If you’re not sure then I won’t be put out if you’d prefer to buy a pair direct as I realise this might be a faff!

Nah the faff is fine. Just let me know nearer the time what’s going on.

Hey Carmen, I can’t go to this now, got something on that means I can’t get back to Yorkshire that weekend, really sorry.

Maybe @ninetyeightytwo still wants tickets?

I’m afraid not. Sorry @nemrac

No problem @Unlucky and @ninetyeightytwo!

2 Likes

Do you still have the tickets ? I’ll take them if so. Cheers

The Decline was really something fantastic. I dun wanna sound like a naysayer, cos subsequent albums were just better than average, there were some really good songs, but let’s face it, they’ve never lived up to their debut.

I’ve always heard great things about their live shows, so if convenient, I’d love to see them. I mean, The Decline was really really good. The kind of good you don’t forget. I’ll check for LA dates, if any.

it’s out today then! I’ve not heard anything yet but due to listen later. I’m hearing lots of good things about it though.

lovely cover of tugboat in their set last night

Not their biggest fan in the world but enjoying the new album. Have had Keep On Trying (Sech Freunde) stuck in my head all week.

1 Like

Saw them in Leeds. Two (?) songs from their first two albums. Which are their best albums (by a distance).

New ones quite BSP by numbers. Bit boring. Lovely as always but meh

strange, thought their sets were usually very Decline-heavy (not so much Open Season though). haven’t seen them since Valhalla though.

Oh the Decline of and Open Season are untouchable. They haven’t really done a shite album but they’ve gradually got more and more meh over the years/albums

Praise for whatever.

Stop saying meh

Meh