Sean Connery has died

Just being released to the news now

1 Like

7 Likes

Well that’s shit

3 Likes

resht in peash :frowning:

24 Likes

Loved those early Bonds that were kinda slightly more high octane detective films.

3 Likes

Obviously will be remembered for other things but I personally could never forget this, watched it a ridiculous amount of times wasted with mates. Love it. RIP

2 Likes

Might watch The Rock later because it’s fucking amazing

26 Likes

Met him once. Not really, it was a strong lookalike in a pub, but I still like to refer to it with those that were there in agreement.

5 Likes

Nawwww
Seemed a good lad. Not a good actor, and his performance in Highlander was a masterclass in not giving a fuck, but sad.

3 Likes

00 Heaven

1 Like

Watched him in The Frightened City (1961) the other day. He was third on the bill but had such charisma that he looked real and dangerous when compared to everyone around him.

Even at that stage he was talking to women by speaking to them at normal volume for two sentences and then shouting the third in their face.

Aw RIP. Such a powerful screen presence.
The Man Who Would Be King is an all time favourite from my youth.
90 is a very decent knock and I’m sure he must have had a very fulfilling life

Halloween costume for tonight sorted though

6 Likes

Saw the “RIP James Broad” thread on the music board and for a minute thought someone had set up an “RIP James Bond” thread on there in reaction to this news.

1 Like

Really sad news.
The news will no doubt lean on his tenure as Bond but growing up I loved him in Highlander, Indiana Jones:Last Crusade and The Untouchables as well as popping p in stuff like Time Bandits.
Seemed like a good egg and his love for Scotland and his push for independence was admirable.

2 Likes

Let’s not get into that shall we?

1 Like

I love that in Highlander the very French sounding Christopher Lambert plays the Highlander.
And famous Scottish man, Sean Connery was hired to play a Spanish/Egyptian called Ramirez and he does nothing to hide his Scottish accent.
Brilliant stuff.
The scene where Connerys has to pretend he doesn’t know what haggis is! acting

5 Likes

Is it inconvenient that he had a history of domestic violence?

20 Likes

Nasty fella

1 Like

No. It’s not. I just don’t think we all need a big row right now

Anyway I’ll leave you all to it if that’s what you want

Just because people like James Bond films and might have fond memories of watching them, doesn’t erase the other stuff, and it gets really tiring to be told “not now, this is inconvenient”. It’s always “inconvenient” somehow.

16 Likes