Seat reservations on trains

Removal of reservation tickets by unauthorised personnel is not permitted, so unfortunately everyone who voted for this option will now go to jail.

1 Like

There;s three kids sat on 2 seats there. Shouldā€™ve asked one of them where their reservation was and boot them off

The Kennedy Curse, you have fundamentally misunderstood the situation on the photograph and article. Shame on you!

4 Likes

They should introduce an Australian style points system for seat reservations.

Eg
Pregnant? 100 points, you get a seat guaranteed.

Disability? 50-100 points depending on stuff

Voted tory in the last 40 years and thusly contributed to the state of the railways ? No points, no seat allowed. ā€˜Available unless toryā€™ is displayed.

10 Likes

I hope at the very least those kids made that journey as miserable as possible for those brexit twats.

Earlier this year had the experience of two guys sitting in the disabled companion seats (not great but whatever) who wouldnā€™t move their luggage so my wheelchair using friend could go in the wheelchair space until a guard intervened. then the one by the window belched in his face during the journey. disgusting cunts

Trains are so awful for wheelchair users generally :sleepy: but not specifically relevant to train reservations I guess

If the child on the left kept up that stare Iā€™d be surprised if they got off the train alive!

1 Like

Found the original tweet thread and as well as pictures of the seat hoggers involved it appears they have form for being obnoxious train travellers.

I like it when you go to countries where every ticket is for a reserved seat because there are enough trains to go round.

The teenagers are the real monsters in this story for making their pregnant mum stand for the whole journey.

lost count the number of times Iā€™ve been outside a deserted stadium and needed somewhere to sit

6 Likes

Oh I like that. Was envisaging some nerd chair for nerds but instead weā€™ve got this cyborg centaur situation.

2 Likes

you have to pay extra to bring a bike onto spanish trains. I think thereā€™s also a fee for extra luggage too. fucking right on, imo.

2 Likes

I like trains where you have to check in big luggage.

Do it in America

1 Like

On the longer trains, unreserved carriages are F and U, which encapsulates their customer service rather neatly.

The system works!

in continental Europe

poor child, leaving the pencil case their dead granny knitted them on the train. Are you going to start a social media campaign to get it back to them ?

Itā€™s obviously crocheted.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if you did it on purpose but the sad mouth eyes thing is really pulling my heartstrings.

(you have to look sideways to see it)