Seat reservations on trains

All roads lead back to the One Day Travelcard Wankers eventually.

3 Likes

This is the quality philosophical DiS content I wanted from a discussion about reserved seats on trains

4 Likes

Was sitting on the train yesterday minding my own business when somebody ran on, placed their bags on the seat next to me, and then disappeared off, presumably to go to the bathroom. Fine, but I got subjected to an absolute tidal wave of pissed off commuters asking me to (quite rightly) move ‘my’ (their) bags. One poor guy looked liked he was about to have a nervous breakdown through the adrenaline of confronting a stranger and actually being given a plausible, but still annoying, reason why he couldn’t sit down.

Anyway DiSers please don’t ever do this.

2 Likes

Should put roof racks on trains for the bikes

4 Likes

You’re the best x

9 Likes

Or some handles on the side so people can just sit on the bikes and get pulled along by the train.

10 Likes

Worst thing about Euston is you really get caught up in the mentality of it, even when you’re not actually that arsed.

4 Likes

Got a train from London to Bristol, having reserved seats for me and the 6yo. The seats were in coach M (I think). There was no coach M on that train. WTF

Very spooky. Was it a ghost train?

4 Likes

Was there a carriage W and did you have your ticket the right way up?

11 Likes

More importantly was carriage M the wrong way up?

13 Likes

Edinburgh to London trains used to have a mythical coach E which I was somehow always booked into. ‘Pick your own seat’ = the best thing to happen to the railways. Quiet coach. Window seat. Kick back with a book. Bliss.

4 Likes

Neither are an insurmountable problem

Removal of reservation tickets by unauthorised personnel is not permitted, so unfortunately everyone who voted for this option will now go to jail.

1 Like

There;s three kids sat on 2 seats there. Should’ve asked one of them where their reservation was and boot them off

The Kennedy Curse, you have fundamentally misunderstood the situation on the photograph and article. Shame on you!

4 Likes

They should introduce an Australian style points system for seat reservations.

Eg
Pregnant? 100 points, you get a seat guaranteed.

Disability? 50-100 points depending on stuff

Voted tory in the last 40 years and thusly contributed to the state of the railways ? No points, no seat allowed. ‘Available unless tory’ is displayed.

10 Likes

I hope at the very least those kids made that journey as miserable as possible for those brexit twats.

Earlier this year had the experience of two guys sitting in the disabled companion seats (not great but whatever) who wouldn’t move their luggage so my wheelchair using friend could go in the wheelchair space until a guard intervened. then the one by the window belched in his face during the journey. disgusting cunts

Trains are so awful for wheelchair users generally :sleepy: but not specifically relevant to train reservations I guess