Seat reservations on trains

Wagnum has obviously managed to land himself a job on the trains

21 Likes

Wonderful

As someone who despises the awful experience of trying to get on a packed train from London to manc ,for example, my anxiety was always some what reduced knowing I had a specific seat just for me so I can relax and calm down. When some one is sat in it and refusing to move AND EYE ROLLING AFTER ASKING THEM TO OH SORRY CAN YOU MOVE PLEASE “well I thought you could go anywhere” NO YOU DIDNT IT SAYS RESERVED ABOVE YOUR HEAD DON’T DO THIS TO ME FUCKING HELL WHAT IS WRONG WITH ANYONE FOLLOWING THE VISUAL CUES AND SNEERING AFTER I FUCKING HAVE TO PROVE IT BY SHOWING YOU MY TICKET that you had the cheek to ask for…

you people make me want to cry

4 Likes

I feel like there’s a lot of potential for this to cross over both with the Lonzo balloon, and dots’ room plan whale. I look forward to seeing this new character join the rogues gallery of DiS memes.

3 Likes

@JaguarPirate Are you the POTW dude? I nominate this fine specimen.

1 Like

Nah… I just spent 30 seconds in MS Paint doing what @Richie_Ronco said.

I was getting a train the other day.
And the train was cancelled with a replacement bus service.
And some lads turned up with bikes and their train tickets.
And the bus man was all ‘you can’t bring those 2 wheelers on here!!!’
And the lads were all ‘well how do we get home then?’
And then there was a bit of a back and forth argument, and then one of the lads tried to force himself onto the bus, and the bus driver was all ‘I’m not moving this bus!!! Get away from the bus!!!’ And then one of the other lads started filming it all on his phone saying he was going to put it on YouTube, and then eventually we managed to escape on the bus with the bike lads left at the station.

But how were they meant to get home?

Discuss

On bikes

4 Likes

Really sorry but you have set off the QI klaxon

1 Like

How come?

You automatically get allocated a specific seat on the trains here and I vastly prefer it this way. (You can also pick one online of course but point is everyone gets a specific seat.)

Too obvious a response I’m afraid! Very sorry!

If they’d booked bike slots, then the onus is on the train company to book them a taxi with space for bikes.

Also, I always adopt the @anon5266188 awkward sorry method, and it hasn’t failed me once.

Also also, why didn’t one of her kids give her the seat?

Also also also they got seats in first class, which is solid work on their part.

Nice thread, this.

Old people were definitely dickheads though. Unless they were ill or something.

LOL! Not giving a seat up to a pregnant woman who’d reserved it. HILARIOUS!!

ooh northern trains begs to differ

love it on the occasion that a cross country train turns up before a northern

No One else would claim the seats and she’d get that sweet sweet two seat feeling

Sat in non-ideal cinema seats on Monday night while a prime pair of seats sat unoccupied behind us the entire time, despite not being available to buy as they were already reserved.

Reader, I was irked.

4 Likes

I’m on a train right now!
Non reserved seat
:mountain_railway: